JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dem lawmakers to announce bill limiting online ammo sales

"Two Democratic lawmakers on Monday will announce new legislation to regulate the online and mail-order sale of ammunition.

Sen. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.) and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (N.Y.) said the new law would make the sale of ammunition “safer for law-abiding Americans who are sick and tired of the ease with which criminals can now anonymously stockpile for mass murder,” in a statement released Saturday."

Dem lawmakers to announce bill limiting online ammo sales

"Two Democratic lawmakers on Monday will announce new legislation to regulate the online and mail-order sale of ammunition.

Sen. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.) and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (N.Y.) said the new law would make the sale of ammunition "safer for law-abiding Americans who are sick and tired of the ease with which criminals can now anonymously stockpile for mass murder," in a statement released Saturday."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said last week that he does not intend to bring gun control legislation to the floor and President Obama has been reluctant to press lawmakers to act on the issue in an election year.

From the Article is their anything else anyone really needs to know other than to vote out this current US destructionist in chief. If not now when.

Anonymously? Buying ammo on the internet is probably the least anonymous way to buy it. You have to give your credit card or banking information then tell the retailer where you live. I can walk down the street and pay cash anonymously at Wally World today without delay.

If the dems wanted to set up 'some sort of tracking system' for people buying 'large quantities', it'd sure be a lot easier for them if the banned everything BUT online ammo sales.

Shhh! Don't let them get wind of reloading. When they find out that some people have everything they need to make 'large quantities' of 'assault bullets' in their garages, that's when we should start worrying.

There was another discussion here maybe a year back where I pressed the issue that
the new push for gun control would focus on ammo and supplies related to guns.
I haven't seen the actual text of the legislation yet but articles say.

-It requires anyone selling ammunition to be a licensed dealer.
-It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.

-It requires licensed ammunition dealers to maintain records of the sale of ammunition.
-It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days.

I'm pretty sure this is the usual pandering to the base with legislation that has a 0% chance of passing. No way will this even see widespread support among the Democrats in an election year and the House would never allow it to pass anyway. Just a couple jackwagon senators wanted to see their name in the news and pretend they're actually doing something...

I think the bill stinks but as said before, never make it through the house... Also, I think Obama is smart enough not to bring up gun control before elections... After elections??? thats a debate for another thread.

-It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.

There are ways to get around this. There are already industries that require identification and licensing to purchase, but can be done on the internet. notary publics, Fax, email etc can be used to get things documented and then kept on file for the customer.

Not that I approve any of the games being played now, but don't think there are not ways to follow the law and still purchase online if any of this folly comes to pass.. Just takes creativity and everyone working together.

Better yet, we need to make it loud and clear that once again infringing on law abiding citizens rights will not keep the criminals from getting what they want when/how/where they want it..

Aren't these 2 responsible for almost every gun control bill these days?

Lautenberg and McCarthy are fairly prolific, but I think Chucky Schumer and Diane Feinstein have
them beat on volume of anti-almost-anything-gun-related legislation.

Not surprising from two smegheads from NJ and NY (both states with wonderful track records of running up crime by putting laws into place).

I'm sorry - I'm a member of the church of the black rifle - and it would violate my religious freedom to record information related to my purchase or sale of ammunition or firearms... :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top