JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Washington, D.C. – Today, Representative Eliot L. Engel (D-NY), Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and John Conyers Jr. (D-MI), Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Committee, led an 82 member letter to President Barack Obama urging him to renew enforcement of the ban on imported military-style firearms that was previously enforced during the H.W. Bush and Clinton administrations.

<broken link removed>

The war against the 2nd amendment and gun owners continues... by hook or by crooks they never stop their underhanded agenda!

Instead of concentrating on "military STYLE", perhaps they should look at banning idiot-style politics.

What practical difference does it make what style a weapon has? For that matter what difference does it make if the same STYLE item is made here instead of imported?

When will these politicians realize they are alienating potential supporters with (frankly) stupid and meaningless efforts like these?

When will these politicians realize they are alienating potential supporters with (frankly) stupid and meaningless efforts like these?

Why would they worry about alienating potential supporters. Their base is low information voters that only want someone to care about them. Liberal politicians know this, that's why they play so hard for the low information voters.

Have to disagree, there. You may not know any of them, but there are centrist independents who agree with some of the Dems viewpoints, regarding labor and social issues, but the anti-gun aspects just push them away. And where they are pushed is toward the Republican 'side'.

In fact in that vein, I'd argue that the Repubs get some support from people who don't like some of their other policies such as catering to the wealthy; but their protection of the 2A garners the support in spite of it.

It may be comforting to think of one side or another as being ignorant and one-dimensional, but those stereotypes are seldom accurate, because real people are more diverse and complex than that.

It seems to me that when people are afraid they carry guns ... when they are also afraid of guns they try to ban the guns. Politicians just want to secure their job and cater to those that vote for them ... just a bunch of modern day, 'Snake oil salesmen'. I think that applies to both sides of the isle, not just the liberal side. Think positive ... and how many votes this type action might garner for Republicans challenging Democratic Senators up for re-election.

Have to disagree, there. You may not know any of them, but there are centrist independents who agree with some of the Dems viewpoints, regarding labor and social issues, but the anti-gun aspects just push them away. And where they are pushed is toward the Republican 'side'.

I gotta agree with fuhr on this Doc. I believe he was speaking in general and although both sides tend to do this the left has been far more successful in doing their best to "dumb down" the populace and change history for generations.

For example the dems just this last week were lining up to take credit for the civil rights act of 1964. What no one remembers and no one is teaching is it was their party that was holding it up in congress, and it took a lot arm twisting by another dem, LBJ to get it passed.

In fact in that vein, I'd argue that the Repubs get some support from people who don't like some of their other policies such as catering to the wealthy; but their protection of the 2A garners the support in spite of it.

Doc it would appear you've fallen for the "rich vs. poor" argument. I'd like to respectfully point out the rich will be fine no matter who wins elections. However, you are right in that gun rights is a wedge issue for those on the left.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top