Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Demand a Plan.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jp1985, Dec 24, 2012.

1. jp1985

jp1985 Linn County, Oregon Active Member

Hey all I recently stumbled onto something while I was tooling around on YouTube, and came across a video of stars who are signed up and demanding a plan to "end gun voilence" (aka ban assault weapons+ high cap magazines).

Here is a link to the video on you tube and of course the comments have been disabled so we cant share our opinions.

Demand A Plan to End Gun Violence - YouTube

I went to the site to see what they where talking about and here is the list of what they are trying to do. And here is what it said.

It’s time. Join more than 800 mayors and 800,000 grassroots supporters to demand that President Obama and Congress step forward with a plan to end gun violence.

Our efforts cannot bring back the 20 innocent children murdered in Newtown, CT -- or the 34 people murdered with guns every day in America. But we can prevent future tragedies by passing common sense legislation that will:

Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America
    Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines
    Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for “straw purchasers”

Demand that your members of Congress and the president support these legislative priorities.

Just thought i would share this with everyone on the fourms and see what your opinions on the subject where and what you thought of those stars joining the fight to try and pass a ban.
    As for me Looks like I am making a list of movie stars that I will not go and see the movies or watch there shows any longer.

JP

2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

So long Conan.

3. jp1985

jp1985 Linn County, Oregon Active Member

Agreed. Which is to bad because i used to like his show. Especially the for me to poop on dog.

4. husker

husker portland Active Member

It must have been ok for the goverment to traffic guns.

andreys21 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. husker

Maybe we should all stay out of movie theaters and maybe none of these people should make violent movies with guns. I am sure they dont get it.

6. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

Boycott the liberal Hollywood movies for 2013 and see how much power the actors and producers have. Let's put an end to the nonsense of letting Hollywood stars have such a big position on politics. I'd rather listen to most pro athletes for my political commentary than most Hollywood stars!

7. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

If you do a boycott, let the studios, networks and advertisers know you're boycotting them and why. It works if you get other people to do the same.

I have no desire to hear actors or athletes talk politics.

8. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Most have problems speaking the English language as it is without imparting political gibberish.

9. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

We all should Ban any movie, concert or sporting event these hypocrites promote. Make this video VIRAL!

[video=youtube;pItiypwjHx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pItiypwjHx4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

andreys21, Mutoman, mjbskwim and 5 others like this.
  10. receo

receo Sandy, Oregon Active Member

Man, I was gonna poke Jennifer Anniston.

Bummer

11. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Huh?

"Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for “straw purchasers”

isn't it already a felony with 10 years or $250,000 fine for a straw purchase? That's the average stay in prison for rape. Or am I missing something?

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  12. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Weak sucks disabled the comments?
    The guy from the newest Borne movie is in there. He hasn't done a movie without killing in it has he?

Seems he must be a hypocrite.

13. kamshaft

kamshaft Pisa, Italy Member

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

14. dtcgc32

dtcgc32 central oregon Member

I quit going to the movies years ago because I can't stand half these morons. They are always telling everyone else how to live there lives yet they remain completely out of touch. I would guess that most have some sort of security that I would assume are armed.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  15. CJ49er

CJ49er Lake Oswego Member

A lot of those celebs are idiots......but damn Chris Rock is one funny dude :laugh:

Chris Rock - Gun Control - YouTube

CAUTION: video has harsh language, and some might find offensive with Newtown so fresh in our minds.

16. husker

You still can. Just dont be happy about it.

17. Levi

Levi Portland Oregon Member

18. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

Demand A Boycott!

Here is a partial list of the people on that video. If you know any of the other names please tell so I can update the list.

Left Eye (Band member of TLC)
    Jason Bateman
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    Paul Rudd
    Amy Poehler
    Jeremy Renner
    John Hamm
    Jamie Foxx
    Cameron Diaz
    Jessica Alba
    Reese Witherspoon
    Rashida Jones
    Will Ferrell
    Sarah Silverman
    Aziz Asari
    John Legend
    Ellen
    Chris Rock
    Courtney Cox
    Zooey Deschanel
    Steve Carrell
    Jennifer Aniston
    Conan o Brien
    Gwenyth Paltrow (British National)

19. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Jeremy Renner... Damn I like that guy's movies. I've seen "The Town" 4 or 5 times now and enjoy him, or should I say did.