JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all I recently stumbled onto something while I was tooling around on YouTube, and came across a video of stars who are signed up and demanding a plan to "end gun voilence" (aka ban assault weapons+ high cap magazines).

Here is a link to the video on you tube and of course the comments have been disabled so we cant share our opinions.

Demand A Plan to End Gun Violence - YouTube

I went to the site to see what they where talking about and here is the list of what they are trying to do. And here is what it said.

It’s time. Join more than 800 mayors and 800,000 grassroots supporters to demand that President Obama and Congress step forward with a plan to end gun violence.

Our efforts cannot bring back the 20 innocent children murdered in Newtown, CT -- or the 34 people murdered with guns every day in America. But we can prevent future tragedies by passing common sense legislation that will:

Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America
Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines
Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for “straw purchasers”

Demand that your members of Congress and the president support these legislative priorities.

Just thought i would share this with everyone on the fourms and see what your opinions on the subject where and what you thought of those stars joining the fight to try and pass a ban.
As for me Looks like I am making a list of movie stars that I will not go and see the movies or watch there shows any longer.

JP

Maybe we should all stay out of movie theaters and maybe none of these people should make violent movies with guns. I am sure they dont get it.

Boycott the liberal Hollywood movies for 2013 and see how much power the actors and producers have. Let's put an end to the nonsense of letting Hollywood stars have such a big position on politics. I'd rather listen to most pro athletes for my political commentary than most Hollywood stars!

Boycott the liberal Hollywood movies for 2013 and see how much power the actors and producers have. Let's put an end to the nonsense of letting Hollywood stars have such a big position on politics. I'd rather listen to most pro athletes for my political commentary than most Hollywood stars!

If you do a boycott, let the studios, networks and advertisers know you're boycotting them and why. It works if you get other people to do the same.

I have no desire to hear actors or athletes talk politics.

Huh?

"Make gun trafficking a federal crime, including real penalties for "straw purchasers"

isn't it already a felony with 10 years or $250,000 fine for a straw purchase? That's the average stay in prison for rape. Or am I missing something?

I quit going to the movies years ago because I can't stand half these morons. They are always telling everyone else how to live there lives yet they remain completely out of touch. I would guess that most have some sort of security that I would assume are armed.

Demand A Boycott!

Here is a partial list of the people on that video. If you know any of the other names please tell so I can update the list.

Left Eye (Band member of TLC)
Jason Bateman
Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Paul Rudd
Amy Poehler
Jeremy Renner
John Hamm
Jamie Foxx
Cameron Diaz
Jessica Alba
Reese Witherspoon
Rashida Jones