JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1st choice would be a Glock 19, hands down, it's what I have in my BOB right now. 2nd choice would be a P89, but it sounds like you are looking for a smaller size than that. In your case, if the G19 is to spendy or to big, Keltec P11 or PF9 would be my top choice for cheap, reliable, and compact.

I'd look for some Glock 19s, There's an outfit at the gunshows around here that sell used 2nd gen Glocks for $325, I'd bet you could get them for less if you were buying 2-3. They're pretty well used, but since you are not planning on putting a lot of rounds through them before packing them away so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm the OP. I have a PF9 and it's an awesome carry piece, but while my 16yo daughter loves to shoot it, her older sister is downright afraid of it. My wife, on the other hand, can't stand the recoil. I don't blame her, even more so because of her carpal tunnel (hence the .357 w/ 6" barrel she got for Christmas.) 250 rounds at the range and my right hand is killing me. It's a good thing I do pretty well with my off hand for relief.

Anyway, I didn't really discuss the recoil issue too much, but the PF9 is almost too small in that respect, so reasonably sized to pack up is good, and weight isn't too much of an issue. I like the Hi-Point and Glock 19 suggestions, and I'll have to see if my local ranges have one I can try out (the Glock I know they have.) Acquiring a brace of them (likely 3) will set me back a chunk, so I'm trying to minimize the damage. Preferably three of the same gun, since parts and magazines are interchangeable.

what about those sig p6's? Super cheap if you shop around, reliable and not something you would feel to bad about sticking in a bag and leaving alone for a while. Simple to operate, not as simple as a glock maybe, but close. A bit heavy perhaps, but money wise, you can get them for close to 300 if you shop.

Acquiring a brace of them (likely 3) will set me back a chunk, so I'm trying to minimize the damage.

Which I understood in the OP and was why I suggested the Ruger P89.
Then everyone said "NO WAY! YOU HAVE TO GET A GLOCK!"
BTW, much less felt recoil in the P89, just sayin'.
You can shoot mine anytime you come south.

I've read a few places that say you should have a few G17s or 19s around.

The chances of getting any gov. ammo is pretty darn slim.
And you may have to ask the guys with the full auto 50's,but that's were the alcohol storage come in play.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top