JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Twenty five years ago, I was fishing for Springers at the confluence of the Willamette & Clackamas rivers when 100 or so Springers came floating down the river all at once.
It seems that a high power electrical cable shorted out into the river up by the Oregon City Falls pulp mill and stunned the nearby salmon.
All of the boats above me were shouting "Free fish, get a net ready."
I had a 25 lb fish bump into my boat that I thought was dead, but it was wiggling a bit, so I grabbed it by the head & tail and waited to see if it would revive.
The boat next to me wanted the fish, even though the Clackamas Sheriffs river patrol was heading our way, so I let it go and he drifted out of line and netted it down river a ways.
I already had a nice fish and didn't want a violation fine, but that didn't stop the free for all going on all around me.

I've only been here since '83.....I guess the posters of ifish and the so-called reporter for Oregon Live haven't been here long, both probably from California recently! I remember the banks of the Willamette, and all the little back eddy's having dead salmon in varying stages of decay. Shorelines had numerous turkey vultures dining on salmon carcasses. Sturgeon fishermen in their boats collecting odorous salmon flesh from behind the docks just below the old Oregon City Bridge in mason jars for sturgeon fishing.

Salmon live, and salmon die.

Isn't there something else these folks can talk about to get the public in a foam?

I've only been here since '83.....I guess the posters of ifish and the so-called reporter for Oregon Live haven't been here long, both probably from California recently! I remember the banks of the Willamette, and all the little back eddy's having dead salmon in varying stages of decay. Shorelines had numerous turkey vultures dining on salmon carcasses. Sturgeon fishermen in their boats collecting odorous salmon flesh from behind the docks just below the old Oregon City Bridge in mason jars for sturgeon fishing.

Isn't there something else these folks can talk about to get the public in a foam?
Its ALL Propaganda ! Enviros :s0153::s0136:from Commiefornia :s0026: + Liberal's:s0077::s0076: :s0125: = :s0051::s0098:

There has not been this big of a die off for a damned long time. Yes they spawn and die and drift back down the river, but there is 75 deg water this early, so get off your know it all BS. Our salmon are important to us and this will affect the run 3 to 5 yrs down the road.
Don't be such a Pompous A- )(&%&^%$#

Its ALL Propaganda ! Enviros :s0153::s0136:from Commiefornia :s0026: + Liberal's:s0077::s0076: :s0125: = :s0051::s0098:

No not this time. The water temp is killing them before they get to their spawning areas.
The manipulation is they let too much water out of the dams too early with no snow pack this year. The rivers are literally too hot for the salmon to survive in or make it up river far enough to spawn.

There has not been this big of a die off for a damned long time. Yes they spawn and die and drift back down the river, but there is 75 deg water this early, so get off your know it all BS. Our salmon are important to us and this will affect the run 3 to 5 yrs down the road.
Don't be such a Pompous A- )(&%&^%$#

You know Taku, you give some good stuff to this forum, and sometimes your a dick.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top