JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My sight isn't what it used to be and I am not enjoying shooting as much. The web is full of night sight information, but not much about better daytime sights.

Could someone who has experience like this make a suggestion?

Thanks,

Have you used Fiber Optic sights? They are great in the day, bright green, red, or orange dots, your choice.
Pistol mounted red dot sights are also becoming more popular.

I have TFO Truglo sights on my Glock. Full fiber optic so you can see them during the day and there is tritium in the fiber optic so they work as night sights as well. There are mixed reviews on the web, some people have had trouble with the vials slipping out but mine have been rock solid. I love them.

What sort of shooting are you doing? Dots are great for fast sight acquisition, so for three gun, IDPA, USPC type move n' shoot is what they're good for. And for self defense, of course. If you're shooting bullseye, though, they're not useful. For that kind of shooting, you want crisp, clear edges to the front and rear sights, and nice wide margins around the front sight. Dots are generally useless for bullseye, and at best a distraction.

I am not sure what a red dot is through.
55311.jpg

You don't say what gun(s) you shoot. I'm sold on lasers for my SD guns. Both have fixed sights and a red dot or fiber optic is not an option. A laser is good for most close-up work (out to, maybe, 75-100 feet) in most light conditions except, perhaps, bright sunlight. Like you, my eyesight is worthless with hard sights, but is best in bright light. Bright light, I use hard sights, shade or low light....laser.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top