Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Day light shooting

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by rjl11146, Aug 13, 2012.

1. rjl11146

rjl11146 Issaquah Member

My sight isn't what it used to be and I am not enjoying shooting as much. The web is full of night sight information, but not much about better daytime sights.

Could someone who has experience like this make a suggestion?

Thanks,

2. levi333

levi333 Albany, OR Active Member

Have you used Fiber Optic sights? They are great in the day, bright green, red, or orange dots, your choice.
    Pistol mounted red dot sights are also becoming more popular.

3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I have TFO Truglo sights on my Glock. Full fiber optic so you can see them during the day and there is tritium in the fiber optic so they work as night sights as well. There are mixed reviews on the web, some people have had trouble with the vials slipping out but mine have been rock solid. I love them.

4. not nipsy

not nipsy Olympia, WA Member

What sort of shooting are you doing? Dots are great for fast sight acquisition, so for three gun, IDPA, USPC type move n' shoot is what they're good for. And for self defense, of course. If you're shooting bullseye, though, they're not useful. For that kind of shooting, you want crisp, clear edges to the front and rear sights, and nice wide margins around the front sight. Dots are generally useless for bullseye, and at best a distraction.

5. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

Suresight I've never used them but I've wanted to try them

6. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

I like my truglo's

7. rjl11146

rjl11146 Issaquah Member

Hey Folks,

Thanks for the ideas. I am going fiber optic. I am not sure what a red dot is through.

8. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

55311.jpg

9. JackD

JackD Elmira, OR Active Member

You don't say what gun(s) you shoot. I'm sold on lasers for my SD guns. Both have fixed sights and a red dot or fiber optic is not an option. A laser is good for most close-up work (out to, maybe, 75-100 feet) in most light conditions except, perhaps, bright sunlight. Like you, my eyesight is worthless with hard sights, but is best in bright light. Bright light, I use hard sights, shade or low light....laser.

10. rjl11146

rjl11146 Issaquah Member

I own a sig p229 and p938. I think that I will eventually buy Crimson sights since they make them for the 229.

thx, Rick

11. slofyr

slofyr Seattle Member

Or, this.....

12. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

red dots fade in bright light. Go green.