JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CZ / Dan Wesson did resurrect and sell Dan Wesson revolvers for several years. They sold CZ manufactured Dan Wesson 715's as single pistols and as pistol packs including barrel sets. The problem was not enough people bought them to make them profitable. There were enough lower cost used original Dan Wesson revolvers to fill the demand that there wasn't enough demand for new revolvers to cover the cost of manufacturing the revolvers and still make a profit. One of the major problems with the original Dan Wesson revolvers from a manufacturing standpoint is the original revolvers were so well made and over engineered that last a VERY long time!

For many years I had wanted a S&W 625 in 45lc. I kept my eye open for a few years for a good deal on a used one. On this very website I came across a used Dan Wesson 744 and remembered their adds from the 80's and their end user changeable barrels. I jumped on the DW 744 and never again had more than a passing interest in a SW 625.

I now have 3 CZ manufactured Dan Wesson barrels. They are all at the very least equal to the original Monsoon barrels in quality... if not better. I do really appreciate that I can buy new barrels for my old revolvers. Someday I will find a nice 715 which is .357 and pick it up too (if I can still legally buy a gun). I will then fill out the pistol pack with CZ barrels just like I did for my 744. I would be thrilled to have a completely CZ manufactured Dan Wesson 715! But they were more than I could afford to spend one a revolver when the CZ manufactured Dan Wesson revolvers were being manufactured and sold.

2022-11-25_115334.png 2022-11-25_115359.png

I would also love to acquire an original Dan Wesson 722!!! With the barrels from the pistol pack kit!

For me the super magnum versions don't have much appeal. They were really geared towards the steel challenge competitions which I don't compete in.

Last Edited:
Pictured are my Monson made 15-2, 715, and 44 magnum. All are early models and without the heavy barrel shroud. The 44 magnum is well worn and has probably shot a million bowling pins and silhouettes before I became its custodian. I replaced the barrel tube with a non ported one that was readily available from CZ for $50. It's more accurate than the original ported barrel which was problematic due to carbon buildup inside the shroud. In fact it's the most accurate revolver I own. It will shoot a six shot ragged hole at 25 yards off a bag every time. The large frame 44 mag and the super mag variants use a different frame and lockwork than the 357 models and have a superior trigger in my opinion. At 61oz I can send hot 44 mag rounds down range all day with comfort. I prefer it to my 629 with the same 8" barrel length. I prefer my S&W 357 revolvers to the DW's though. The 15-2 action isn't as appealing to me as the S&W. I've had them all completely disassembled and they are a really interesting manual of arms.

4AC5292C-3C3F-46B4-9E48-E65372EAAD6C.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads