JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i recently picked up a mint condition daisy 572 at an estate sale and when i first fired it the bb's would literally go a foot out of the barrel and drop i dropped some oil in the oil hole hole and it improved a little now i get 20' with enough power to go thru a paper grocery bag but not enough to go thru a can. Anybody know how to wake these old guns up?

ED86C6DF-723B-4E88-A5C9-22871959E92B.jpeg

Might be better off just hanging that on the wall. Parts are nearly impossible to come by, and the cocking system is fairly complicated, and has a reputation for being fragile. That said, more oil and letting it sit for a day or two might bring the power up a bit more. Good luck.

Dave

A +1 for Ollie Damons. It may be that you just need a tune-up kit - OD's sells them for some air guns. I got a kit from them for an old Crosman and it really livened the old gun up well. Give them a call, tell them what you have and see if they have a kit. The kits are usually O rings, etc that tend to wear out over time. Probably have some bad seals inside there.

If OD's doesn't have a kit, check Ebay - there are folks that sell tune up kits there as well.

AA++ for Ollie Damon's.

I have never had a BB gun or pellet gun of any vintage that they were not able to repair or rebuild. Unless you're looking for a personal project, I would give them the chance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top