JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i recently picked up a mint condition daisy 572 at an estate sale and when i first fired it the bb's would literally go a foot out of the barrel and drop i dropped some oil in the oil hole hole and it improved a little now i get 20' with enough power to go thru a paper grocery bag but not enough to go thru a can. Anybody know how to wake these old guns up?

ED86C6DF-723B-4E88-A5C9-22871959E92B.jpeg

Might be better off just hanging that on the wall. Parts are nearly impossible to come by, and the cocking system is fairly complicated, and has a reputation for being fragile. That said, more oil and letting it sit for a day or two might bring the power up a bit more. Good luck.

Dave

A +1 for Ollie Damons. It may be that you just need a tune-up kit - OD's sells them for some air guns. I got a kit from them for an old Crosman and it really livened the old gun up well. Give them a call, tell them what you have and see if they have a kit. The kits are usually O rings, etc that tend to wear out over time. Probably have some bad seals inside there.

If OD's doesn't have a kit, check Ebay - there are folks that sell tune up kits there as well.

AA++ for Ollie Damon's.

I have never had a BB gun or pellet gun of any vintage that they were not able to repair or rebuild. Unless you're looking for a personal project, I would give them the chance.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top