JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can relate 100% ... Our kids these days have zero idea what hard is ...

My Daughter crossed the line , I didn't put bullets in it but I hope she knows who will be driving it soon ...
CraigsList post ...

1996 Honda Accord ... SPF (Lake Oswego)
Date: 2012-02-12, 7:52AM PST
Reply to: your anonymous craigslist address will appear here
This is SOLD Pending Funds , I will remove this post if Buyer comes through or I will remove this notice if the purchase fails to happen ...

What we have here is a very nice Honda Accord I bought for My daughter , Lets say she has proven to be less than deserving ...

I'm a current Technician , I run my own professional repair facility and I have gone through this vehicle from head to toe to make it trustworthy for my daughter , Well she doesn't get it...
Some lucky person gets to buy this jewel ...

Miles - 122K ...
Trans - Automatic and has been serviced and tested ...
Maintenance - Timing Belt, Water pump and seals, Fuel System Service, Front Brakes pads and rotors , Rear brakes are about 60% , Complete ignition tune up ...
A/C tried and tested ...
P/S smooth and quiet ...
Power windows and mirrors tried and tested ...
Seat belts tried and tested ...
Struts support the vehicle nicely and appear to not be the factory ones ...
Tires are about 70-75 % ...

Interior 1 to 10 I would give it a nine ...
Exterior 1 to 10 I would give it a 8.5 ...

This is a vehicle I would not hesitate to hop in and drive to Alaska and back in ...

Fuel Mileage , I have no idea, I honestly have not driven it enough to have checked that ... The servicing and maintenance has been on the down low, One so no jealousy amongst the others and so nobody would know about it for the nice surprise that's not going to happen now ...

This Beauty can be yours for $1600 just to get it out of my sight and I can forget about the B.S. situation with my Daughter ... If this isn't gone in a day or so I will donate it, Maybe somebody deserving will get it ...

My daughter's Toyota PU was the best discipline tool I ever had. The computer was a desktop in the living room (No laptops).

As to Guy shooting the LT, He's just escalating the problem. Yea it looks good on Youtube but there will be retribution. That's a family that's coming apart and one upsmanship is a disaster waiting to happen. I know we went down this road until counseling put us on a sound footing.

My daughters (and I) survived the teenage years and they are now successful young women. They both have come to apologize to Mom and I for those years.

My daughter's Toyota PU was the best discipline tool I ever had. The computer was a desktop in the living room (No laptops).

As to Guy shooting the LT, He's just escalating the problem. Yea it looks good on Youtube but there will be retribution. That's a family that's coming apart and one upsmanship is a disaster waiting to happen. I know we went down this road until counseling put us on a sound footing.

My daughters (and I) survived the teenage years and they are now successful young women. They both have come to apologize to Mom and I for those years.

I tried the counseling rout, It didn't go so well ... In my opinion it was a rant session for my kid, The Counselor telling me what and how to do things and the counselor has never even raised kids ...
I'm sure counseling works for some if you have the right kid and the right counselor and a parent that can digest some of the crap coming from people never raising kids ...
I'm glad to hear counseling was the ticket for you , I talk to a lot of parents and I have come across more parents saying counseling was a joke more than a help, It empowered the kid and was a wast of time and money ... For Me over the years three counselors with two different kids none happened to be successful ...
Five kids , Three Successful and two still learning they don't know it all and respecting adults and authority works better than that four letter word starting with "F" with authority following ...

When I was a kid I landed on my Azz for disrespecting my father, Mother and Grandparents , Yea I hated it then... But,I didn't fear Police, A Judge or a teacher , I feared My father taking matters into his own hands and solving my delusions , He didn't in my eyes abuse Me he simply demonstrated do this and follow these rules and this happens and if you don't then this happens, The choice was mine ... I didn't walk around fearing my father, I only feared what was going to happen to Me for doing something I knew was wrong to do ... I was a hard headed kid and had no fear , I'm a hard headed Adult with no fear, The difference is now my upbringing forced me to really consider if that wrong thing your about to do , Is it really worth it ... Kids today are not held accountable for the wrong they do, It becomes a conversation and ends with a group hug ... If kids knew bad things would happen when they did wrong I firmly believe they would do less wrong things ... Dad coming home from a bad day at work and beating the kid is a terrible thing , Kids out destroying property and hurting other people financially or personally deserves a Azz kicking ... If destroying a kids favorite belonging to avoid kicking the butt works then so be it, Soon they will run out of things to destroy and then what ... I would not do or post any kind of reprimand with a weapon, But I have been at that wits end position and it really stinks ...

I soooo remember the "Wait till your father gets home" thing. I think that was worse than him actually getting home. The PC environment has removed the teeth of that tool so now parents have to get creative.

We went thru 2 Counselors before we found one the girls connected with. Stuck with it till results were made. It did sound like teenage rant but that was first year stage. After that they realized it wasn't getting them anywhere and behavior modifications emerged.

I found the best discipline was the rotor of the Toyota Pickup. I would pull it when they were not allowed to drive. Also used a USB tracking device in the truck. Told them it was there and it would show me everywhere they drove. Insurance companies offer them (with built in cameras) for teen drivers now.

I think part of the problem is the environment they are growing up in everything is fast and right now I can see it being hard to have to have patients with anything

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top