JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just bought a double action cz75B with safety, no decocker i noticed the other day when shooting it for the first time with the action open, mag well empty, if i loaded a new full magazine the action would close itself without hitting the slide release lever is this an issue or normal?

I have a 75B omega and I've not had that happen to me. Mine is set up with the decocker though but that shouldn't make a difference to my knowledge.

Interesting. I just did a function check on mine and the slide stayed locked back as expected. I would get it checked out or take back to the place of purchase if it was new. Take some snap caps with you to show the failure.

It's normal. Both my CZ-75 full size, and P-01 compacts did that when forcefully seating a magazine. A lot of semi auto pistols will do it. I've had Glocks do it, gen 1 M&P's are so notorious for it, Smith & Wesson re-engineered the slide stop and added a detent to keep the slide open on a forceful magazine insertion. If it's a big concern, a new slide stop spring, or possibly a new lever itself may resolve the issue. Otherwise try not slamming the mag home quite as hard, and make sure your finger is out of the trigger guard when inserting a mag.

The type of safety you have is irrelevant, as it's not tied into the slide stop, and as I mentioned, it does it with both (P-01 is a decock only, my 75B was a safety model)

Wifey's CZ 75 B does that if she seats the mag with a good pop, but not if she just seats 'till in locks in. My SP01 in .40 doesn't do it. This might be something the newer production guns do? Something to do with that Omega trigger they started touting a few years ago?

My shadow does not do it but it is very common for cz 75 variants as well as many other pistols most of my Glock's will auto forward if you seat the mag hard enough. Many consider it a feature rather than a flaw.

I've never had it happen and I have some reasonable cockpit time in a reasonable variety of semi auto pistols. I could guess if you use the slide stop as a slide release, over time it will get 'polished' and increase the chance of a firm mag insertion releasing the slide. Sounds reasonable.

It'd bug me, and I'd return the gun to where it was purchased and ask about it.

...but, maybe that's just me....:cool:

Last Edited:
Also, you should think of it as a "slide-stop", not a "slide-release".... and train as such. Some people would consider what you got going in there as a desirable "feature".

;)

Kind of like the Win model 1912 and 12 shotguns. Made to fire next round if you keep Trigger depressed and run pump forward. Got me a big surprise first time I shot the old man's model 12 while duck hunting.o_O

The gun was bought 2nd hand but is in pretty new condition. It belong to an officer but it was not his carry firearm. He only had about 250 rounds through it before trading it in. I do keep my finger outside the guard when reloading. Just had never had a semi auto do that before so it raised some concern.

I've had several CZs and at least two have done that. It's a basic matter of physics. When you slam the mag upward hard into the frame while holding the gun tight, inertia takes over. The slide stop wants to stay where it is, but if the upward force exceeds the force required to manually drop the slide stop, the slide stop gives enough in a downward direction to release the slide. If you think about it, it's not that much force since you can move the slide stop down and drop the slide with mere downward pressure from the pad or side of your thumb. If you google "cz 75 slide slams forward" you'll get a whole bunch of references where other people are asking the same question. There are various explanations, but the one I gave is really the best one. You can try installing a new slide stop, but it's a complex issue where one thing changed might not solve it. I personally wouldn't worry about it. It's not going to fire unless you have your finger in the wrong place.

Last Edited: