JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is mostly just a gripe thread but I could use some suggestions as well. I emailed CZ asking if their Williams aperture sight would work with the 457. The responded back "Yes" and also recommended a fiber optic front sight.

Well, it turns out that the new bolt design means that the Williams cannot sit at the back of the rail and must instead sit further down the gun after chamber. This puts it only ~3.5 inches further back than the stock iron sights. Sure, it helps a bit...but it's not really what people mean when they ask "if it fits."

Additionally, the front sight uses a dovetail to mount. The stock front sight doesn't. And CZ doesn't sell a replacement ramp. So, basically, their customer service simply messed up and doesn't know their product.

Aaaaaaand I'm still in the market for a peep sight.

I'm going to try to get a return going for these items - but if anyone here would like to buy them off me before I do, please let me know. Items are:

So the Williams sight sits on the scope rail, not where the original tangent sight mounts? Here's a post from the CZ firearms forum Guide to Mount Front Globe Sights on CZ-455 or 457 for competition does this help? Please post if you have a solution for mounting a peep sight.

The 457 has a different bolt design than the 455. The Williams has adjustment knobs that get in the way of the bolt movement if the sight is mounted rearward of the chamber. If you compromise and mount it forward of the chamber, it will of course mount but it's only a few inches closer to you than the original tangent sight so, cuts down on the use by a lot.

Additionally, the front sight ramp mentioned in that article is no longer listed on CZ's online store. So, still in the market for a new front sight ramp that'll let me use dovetailed front sights.

I found that too but there's a warning that the adjustment knobs would get in the bolt path on the 457...may or may not be the case. I decided to go with a Skinner sight. No adjustment knobs, easy fit. I figure that, once I get the front sight done, I can make this work pretty well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top