Defensive Arts
Landhawk Arms
J&B Firearm Sales
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Gun Deals
Low Price Guns
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

CZ457 Peep sight issues

This is mostly just a gripe thread but I could use some suggestions as well. I emailed CZ asking if their Williams aperture sight would work with the 457. The responded back "Yes" and also recommended a fiber optic front sight.

Well, it turns out that the new bolt design means that the Williams cannot sit at the back of the rail and must instead sit further down the gun after chamber. This puts it only ~3.5 inches further back than the stock iron sights. Sure, it helps a bit...but it's not really what people mean when they ask "if it fits."

Additionally, the front sight uses a dovetail to mount. The stock front sight doesn't. And CZ doesn't sell a replacement ramp. So, basically, their customer service simply messed up and doesn't know their product.

Aaaaaaand I'm still in the market for a peep sight.

I'm going to try to get a return going for these items - but if anyone here would like to buy them off me before I do, please let me know. Items are:

Check out New England Custom Guns. NECG sells several different peeps that bolt on any number of scope mounts/integral rails. They also sell lots of front sight options.

So the Williams sight sits on the scope rail, not where the original tangent sight mounts? Here's a post from the CZ firearms forum Guide to Mount Front Globe Sights on CZ-455 or 457 for competition does this help? Please post if you have a solution for mounting a peep sight.
The 457 has a different bolt design than the 455. The Williams has adjustment knobs that get in the way of the bolt movement if the sight is mounted rearward of the chamber. If you compromise and mount it forward of the chamber, it will of course mount but it's only a few inches closer to you than the original tangent sight so, cuts down on the use by a lot.

Additionally, the front sight ramp mentioned in that article is no longer listed on CZ's online store. So, still in the market for a new front sight ramp that'll let me use dovetailed front sights.

Also might try this:

I found that too but there's a warning that the adjustment knobs would get in the bolt path on the 457...may or may not be the case. I decided to go with a Skinner sight. No adjustment knobs, easy fit. I figure that, once I get the front sight done, I can make this work pretty well.

Hueco, what is the brand and part number for the skinner sight you bought?
Got the rimfire sight offered for the CZ 452/455. Those rifles, along with the 457, all use the same size dovetail.

It fits well with room to spare.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!
North Fork Wolf Creek Rd public shooting lanes
N Fork Wolf Creek Rd, Oregon 97144, USA
ARPC Speed Steel
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club)
29999 Saddle Butte Rd, Shedd, OR 97377, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks
  • Centerfire Gunworks
    1.00 star(s)
    This shop is an extortion racket. It’s the only one in town and charges like a monopoly. He can’t fulfill commitments and he won’t provide estimates.
    • Emm
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I'd be a lot happier if they were closer to the Couve but they are definitely worth the drive Friendly staff and very competitive prices on ammo...
    • GWS
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    Tricounty Gun Club is an excellent place to practice, train, and compete with multiple shooting disciplines. Members have card key access to...
    • Whisky Tahoe

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS