JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CA7934E8-96A6-4513-A7FF-C0C1DA784CE6.jpeg

Did a home brew build of my own CZ Scorpion Micro. Everything but the goofy little fake Supressor.

I picked up a regular CZ Scorpion pistol used from NW Amory this last yr. in getting something else and noticed it in the used case. $650 killer deal, done. It's a Gen 2 but clearly in great shape. I have a small Scorpion collection going but did not have a "Micro". So over the past 6 months laid in the parts to convert the regular pistol into a "micro" pistol. Holy cow that brace is crazy $ and I see now why the new Micros are $1200+.

I fixed the key things out of the gate:

Yeti Works grip
HB safety R/L
HB Aluminum Duck bill mag release

Added the HB K Kit but used an In Lead We Trust barrel. Dropped on the brace and added a Magpul finger guard on the handguard and done. Home brew CZ Micro. Bummer is even with the used gun to start with I have almost the retail cost into this due to the cost of the HB K Kit and that Mantacore Arms/ SB brace. But very happy with it and look forward to getting to the range.

AE9847D4-9647-48F2-A796-D2E94B5FBDA8.jpeg

Yeah, people tout the cheaper cost of the Scorpion vs the MPX and GHM9, but once you start customizing it, you end up close to those prices.

The Scorpion is still way lower cost to own than an MPX or B&T. Well, unless you like only owning just the mag they came with and do not mod them at all. $14 on sale CZ mags vrs. $69+ for SIG and B&T each for mags, adds up fast.

APC9 is on my list. GMH9 is not. I will have a B&T in the safe one of these days. But the B&T is way way costly compared to the CZ.

The Scorpions continue to be huge value for what they bring to the table. The factory "Micro" is just the HB K kit with the Mantacore Arms brace factory installed. But its also the most expensive new in the box Scorpion you can buy at $1200. Most "pistol" CZ's start at $770 to $850 new.

The Micro is a solid $400 less modded than my SIG MPX was new unmoded in the box. Once I got the MPX way I wanted it, its just over 2x this CZ is when you add in the 8 SIG Gen II mags vrs. The now 30+ CZ mags I have collected with the Scorpions in the safe.

SIG MPX - SBR
HK SP5K
CZ Scorpion - SBR
Out of all three the CZ is the one that goes the range the most, just the most fun to shoot. WAY easier to clean too.

65CB3848-8550-4B57-A17A-EA100DD94476.jpeg

Dont get me wrong. I love my Scorpion. However, if you have been in the game a while and are up to date on parts and prices, you can imagine how much is invested here:

First off great looking Scorpion. Second, to answer your question yes I am update on prices (past 8 months bought 4 more Scorpions and modded all but two. The answer is far less than doing the same to a MPX, B&T or HK. The mags, and brace adaptors are what would skyrocket the build since those are specific to fit. Aftermarket barrels, tail hook etc. all same cost. But most important one is: one is not going to start with a used B&T for $650. Yes I got a deal on it, so call it a new one for $800 still about half of my MPX new. The CZ is still the better value to build.

Your photo, again great gun, if you did the same build on a MPX would cost at least $800 more. $1k more if you racked a decent amount of mags for it.

And then there is custom painting...

Cool looking gun and a true CZ Micro at that and love Ben Franklins snake. But custom paint is universal more or less cost wise for any build. A $400 paint job on a $300 gun vrs. A $2500 gun is still a $400 paint job. The brand and model of the gun one uses will not make the paint job cost more. (Well tell a painter you have an original HK94 vrs. A low budget home built AR9MM he might quote it higher!)

I'm not arguing base cost. Thats obviously set. My point is that I rarely see as many customized MPXs or B&Ts. I see a ton of custom Scorpions though. Which is better in my view. I like making things my own. My point was just that when people weigh in about getting a Scorpion because they're cheeper, I feel it's not very genuine, as it seems to be a very addictive practice to customize them vs leaving them stock as with the higher end guns.

And I say this as one who has close to 2k into his:

I get it. I dig the FDE, your rig looks great. I kept my FDE as a pistol and just went folding brace/tail hook. My oldest teenage son gave me so much crap for putting the K kit on my first black one that I kept this one as close to his video games he knows them from. (Roll eyes) kids.

3AB43E44-817A-4304-8512-792CDCE6A300.jpeg

My SBR Scorpin in post #4 is almost the same critter as you posted so I get it for sure. I do have a Franklin Arsenal Bianary trigger in it now. Wowsers its fun with that. I picked up a few more of these, one might go into the FDE.

EA709D49-133D-4C79-9C8B-2313719087A5.jpeg

I get what your saying on the HKs and B&Ts. Little different for the MPXs quite a few modded MPX's out there like mine as an SBR with a similar SBR build as my CZ. It started out as a carbine NIB at $1600. Dam G2 mags at the time were $89 each. Too bad the port in the ILWT barrel is too small for it to cycle subs reliably. I have to load them hot to get it not have a FTF with each mag.
7A5C536B-0D17-4E89-B896-6F2E355FE54A.jpeg

You are correct the CZ at its low entry price makes it easy and more likely to get modified. My HK SP5K is way to costly at $2500 to me to mess with. I think it will be like the HK94 I passed on yrs ago for $1200 that is now worth close to $5k. I am using it, but not messing with the facotory build. In comparison my SBRed CZ with the cost of all the mods, tax stamp, mags and the Franklin trigger its right there at the new cost of the HK. BUT I have far more fun with my CZ than the HK. More fun = more use = far far better value. Ok the HK is fun too but mag dumps are just not the same w/o the binary trigger. (They do make that trigger for the APC9!)

B8F1CFEE-E57D-4E78-BC10-F6DBD3492D8B.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads