JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a cz-82 and dissasembled it to duracoat. Reassembled and took I up to shoot today. Pull the trigger and bang. Pull the trigger again and bang bang. What the heck? Try it again and bang bang. Any thoughts ladies and gents?

Slam fire. Firing pin sticking in the forward position. Maybe clean out the hole in the slide, where the firing pin protrudes through the breech face. Also check to make sure firing pin spring is in place, to return firing pin rearward, during cycling.

Thank you and a good suggestion. Upon inspection I don't believe that the firing pin is hanging, the spring seems adequate but could probably use replacing. I am a novice at gunsmitthing and thought the 82 would be a fun cheap project. What a lesson in patience it has been. I noticed that if I pull the trigger all the way back and hold it while actioning the slide, some times the hammer stays back and other times the hammer slams forward with the slide. Could this be part of the problem or did I find a new issue, or should I take up sewing. :4)

Any help and patience appreciated!

Um, I dunno then. Just guessing that it was sticky firing pin, due to the duracoating. If the hammer is following down after the slide goes forward, then it sounds like a sear/disconnector thing. Maybe take it all apart. Clean all the parts, and reassemble. Check for any broken parts. Exploded view diagram hopefully helps you to get it all back together. That's all I would do, before handing it over to a cz expert.

Heres a test... Empty gun, check clear. Rack slide. Does the hammer stay back reliably? Push is a little. Can you cause the hammer to fall with pressure? If so, problem is most likely the sear. Pull trigger, keep trigger pulled. Don't let it go. Thumb back the hammer. If the hammer just falls right back down every time, or most of the time doing this, more likely to be a disconnecter problem. Focus your searching there.

I'm not familiar with the CZ82's... Is there any spring that should be pressing the disconnecter up?

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads