JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So ultimately with a CZ I am losing time because I have to rack it at the beep m?

I've NEVER seen anybody "rack it at the beep". I might have been a little harsh about
the hammer lowering thing. It can be done safely. Everybody I saw DQ was doing a
"pinch and lower". If you put your off hand thumb crosswise in front of the hammer, pull the trigger and roll the thumb out, the hammer will lower safely.

What's your budget? There are CZ's available that are ready to race if you don't
want to do the work yourself.

Ah I see. So that is before its holstered or once it starts? I want to base model if I can even find one. They are nearly impossible to find right now

I've NEVER seen anybody "rack it at the beep". I might have been a little harsh about
the hammer lowering thing. It can be done safely. Everybody I saw DQ was doing a
"pinch and lower". If you put your off hand thumb crosswise in front of the hammer, pull the trigger and roll the thumb out, the hammer will lower safely.

What's your budget? There are CZ's available that are ready to race if you don't
want to do the work yourself.

Was it hard to do the work ? I gotta get my hands in one of these freakin things to feel it.
not in my opinion but I have a knack for for guns
If you get a decocker then just remember to use a slave pin to take in and out of the frame and you should be golden.....I did it with out a slave pin of proper size and sent the cage pin right through the lifter spring and its like a hair so I didn't even know it
CGW sends a slave pin or used to, I am sure it is offered somewhere on the site.
The standard safety model isn't quite as much of a pain as the decocker ......but I wouldn't consider either one hard and its not like you have to get in there all the time

Go for it, bar none CZ is the best kept secret in the handgun world and the cat has really gotten out of the bag the last two years

I have a CZ SP01 with CGW complete defensive package installed, polished and tuned by me. It's a decocker model. One of my favorites. Actually, I really like all my CZs more than most of my other guns.

I also have two CZ 75 safety versions (stainless and matte) I converted to SAO and removed the FPB for no pre-travel.

I have two CZ 97s (45s), one completely worked like the SP01.

Finally, I have a Rami as my favorite semi-auto carry gun. It's also fully polished/tuned and loaded with CGW parts. Mid 7lb DA pull and smooth as can be.

The SP01 is a great gun. 18 round magazines, night sights, and like the other 75 variants fits my hands oh so well. I keep it next to the bed with a silencer and tactical light. If I run out of 37 rounds I'll grab my 300 blk SBR that sits right next to my SP01.

The work is very easy to do. David and crew over at Cajun Gun Works will help you if you run into any issues or just have a question. They will also provide you with links on how to disassemble/reassemble the gun as well as where and how to polish what. Don't be intimidated by either model (safety or decocker).

Good luck.... ! The CZ forum is a great group of helpful people too!

Oh ya... while EAA is definitely a respected gun in more than just one caliber remember... at the end of the day it's a CZ knock off. ;)

Thanks for all of the input guys! I decided to just go for it and order one. I will definitely reference this group of conversations when I want to do some work on the gun. I really appreciate the time you took to guide me to the right decision!

I didn't see that bottom part haha. Well I already committed to buying one so its gonna feel one whether I like it or not. Thanks though ! Nice to know there are some people from So Or on here.

cool , you just made one of the best firearms purchases of your life.

reloading for them can be different with some bullets, mostly because its a tight chamber where the lands start sooner than most pistols so long ogive bullets need to seat deeper , reducing charge is good lol

IMG_1035_zps4gum1fzc.jpg

I have one and let a friend shoot it, now he keeps trying to buy it. Very accurate! If you tear it down be sure t put a slave pin in the sear cage or it will be a PITA to get back together, especially the first time.

cool , you just made one of the best firearms purchases of your life.

reloading for them can be different with some bullets, mostly because its a tight chamber where the lands start sooner than most pistols so long ogive bullets need to seat deeper , reducing charge is good lol

Sweet set up Oil. How do you rate your Garret holster Among the rest, Thoroughly satisfied with quality, C.S. Ect? I really like their approach to the hybrid.

Sweet set up Oil. How do you rate your Garret holster Among the rest, Thoroughly satisfied with quality, C.S. Ect? I really like their approach to the hybrid.
its really nice. Quick considering they don't keep a lot of stock.This was one of the first SP-01 specific holsters so I don't know if I would choose the same today but I am satisfied for sure.
The CS was good, seems like there was some good correspondence , I don't remember any hang ups and they came in before they said it could.
Very nice quality materials, Texas made.

I have a CZ-75BD (decocker) that I bought for $450 new. Great purchase, used it as a carry gun for many years until I got tired of the weight. Wonderful grip (the rubber one), points naturally, slim slide good for IWB holsters, and very accurate. Only thing that really annoyed me about the gun was not being able to take the gun apart as easily as a lot of other kinds, and the roll pins suck. But hey!

Mine has a good trigger too, and I never noticed the DA/SA transition as being a killer. In fact I like it because you don't need a safety. But then I never competed with it either.

Decocking takes it to the half-cock notch. Probably would have made sense to carry like that too, but I always carried all the way down.

CZ triggers seem to be consistently very impressive for smoothness. When I first took my CZ to the range, right out of the box it out-shot a friend's pistol costing twice as much. I could only smile while he just shook his head in awe.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top