JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wifey has this one in "Delay Status Limbo" going on 3 months now!

06-CZ-75-B-MATTE-STAINLESS.png

Thank you Oregon government and Oregon State Police!

Have you ever done a trigger job on one of these ?

cool , you just made one of the best firearms purchases of your life.

reloading for them can be different with some bullets, mostly because its a tight chamber where the lands start sooner than most pistols so long ogive bullets need to seat deeper , reducing charge is good lol

Double action is long and hard, single action could have less take up, could be lightened up,band a shorter reset would be favorable.
double action is going to be in your hammer spring. It can lightened but you will need to lighten the firing pin spring to maintain 101% reliability....99% without

the take up is a little tougher and will require a short reach kit from CGW. What I did for take up was use a CGW trigger return spring to artificially fix it.
The CGW trigger spring is light enough that you don't really notice the take up due to reduced pressure. Reset felt wonky at first because the trigger no longer "throws" your finger back but as you lift your finger to reset, the trigger follows your finger positively you just don't feel it and it has never failed.

The single action release is all in the hammer, if you want a lighter single action you have to address the hammer hook as it interfaces with the sear. Lighter hammer spring helps this a slight touch as well. All the companies that sell CZ race hammers and carry hammers and such just cut hammer hooks on stock CZ hammers ...the disconnector helps shorten the reset a touch
CGW hammer on the left, CGW disconnector installed on the CGW hammer and stock hammer strut

Polish the trigger bar and the sear cage surfaces to get that ultra smooth pull

IMG_0920_zpsxqe9edra.jpg IMG_0957_zpsoxkyrwpn.jpg IMG_0944_zpsvyhui1ol.jpg IMG_0945_zpswp4bwxmv.jpg IMG_0952_zpsbf9nyiky.jpg

Wow thanks for in depth info! Well I think that is the next step. I'm not really sure when I will attempt the trigger job but I'm sure fairly soon. Maybe if I run into problems I can get some more insight from you considering your only a few miles away. By the way I was looking into this
https://cajungunworks.com/product/75439-defensive-carry-package-for-manual-safety-cz/
wow that site has changed
used to be David sold parts and knowledge. You would call him and he would just BS you as long as you wanted
there were no packages for any thing, just parts. I'm going to have to look around it now
i can tell you off the bat that the kit you linked is for the manual safe not the decocker

If you run into problems I'll have your back

Well the guy sent me the wrong one funny enough, but I decided I am going to keep it. I don't really mind with either model. Awesome I appreciate it !

I've been using my XDM because of my pistols it has the greatest capacity. Now it is time to step up to a dedicated pistol for 3 gun. I was considering the EAA Match, but ran across this thread and it sounds like a CZ would be a better choice. I've read about them on their site and am thoroughly confused by the overwhelming selection :) Any input is appreciated.
1. Would you consider any of the models other than the 75? P07 or P09?
2. What is the Omega trigger system?
3. I read posts above recommending the safety over decocker version for competition. What about the convertible? i may end up with CGW parts. Is the convertible a "bastard" model that i can't get aftermarket trigger parts for?
4. is the best value to start with a SP 01 and do the trigger work if needed? Will I have as much or more into the mods over buying the Tactical Sport or Shadow Target II?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top