JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank for the reply. That's what I hear and also that the recoil is pretty light. What did you think about the trigger ?

The trigger may be a little crunchy to some. I've had an sp01 in .40 for about four years, trigger smooths out with use. I "Think" CZ changed the trigger since I got mine, but in any case there are kits, and methods to smooth the trigger greatly. Beau-coupe parts are available as are You Tube vids.

Depending on how much you have to spend the EAA Witness line should at least be looked at. They use the same config. as the CZs, and have some pretty nice upper end models.

In any case, a full size CZ is an excellent gun!

Smoother lighter trigger, easier to upgrade, in comps you start cocked and locked with a safety, with a decocker you will have to start in double action.

And if you get started in uspsa and starting production, get lots of mags, I'd say min of 5, your only allowed 10rds per mag in production. The good thing about production is it forces you to think about stage design and reloads. You get a lot of reload practice. The cz mags are great but the mecgar mags are just as good and a lot cheaper.

Im not even sure what they do around here I know that it's speed steel but as for the organization I don't know what they have. At this point I think I'm leaning a little more on the M&p side for competition since i use a full size.

I own a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow from the custom shop (Accu-Shadow) and it's absolutely amazing pistol. If you purchase one you will not be disappointed. Concerning the trigger D/A is butter smooth at 5lbs and S/A at 3lbs or a little less with a very short reset. Racking the slide back feels like it's floating on air it's that smooth. Dead nuts accurate!

IMHO a competition gun is a very personal decision it's what works best for you and what you have 100% confidence in. Once you find the gun that works best for you whether it's a CZ, M&P or Glock stick with it and shoot the snoot out of it. Become one with the gun.

If you shoot your full size M&P well, and you have confidence in that platform I would be looking hard at the M&P Pro in 9mm for production or .40 for limited. IMHO the M&P Pro line provides an excellent value.

I have had one about 4 or 5 years now. I have many pistols and revolvers and the SP-01 is phenomenal
The trigger was ok, not the best but I ordered a load of Cajun Gun Works parts and learned he SP-01 inside and out.
Now with a little work it is up there with a real nice 1911 trigger.....but a little longer reset......which can be remedied with CGW parts

if you plan a lot of dry fire replace the firing pin retaining pin first off. The roll pin doesn't take much dry fire before it gets beat up.....CGW makes a carbide pin that's bullet proof. The only real weak spot, if no dry fire no worries

IMG_0934-Copy_zpsbd4abc0a.jpg

Smoother lighter trigger, easier to upgrade, in comps you start cocked and locked with a safety, with a decocker you will have to start in double action.

In USPSA Production Division---where you see a LOT of CZ's----you have to start a SP-01
with the hammer FULLY down. Not just half cock---all the way down on the firing pin.
Some people get a little nervous about that--and I've seen 3 people DQ when the hammer
slipped while they were lowering it and a round fired.

Unless it's a de-cocker--then you just de-cock it to about halfway down.

Agreed that you can get a slightly better trigger on a non-decocker gun. Not a
WHOLE LOT better, my de-cocker guns run around 2.5 lbs single action and
close to 5 lbs for that short double action first shot. Reset is about .040 longer.

The regular SP-01's are a heck of a lot easier to work on, the de-cocker gun sear cage is the spawn of the devil.:)

I've also heard the Witness guns are good as well. Why would I want the safety opposed to the decocker?

The EAA Witness guns are fine---but EAA has a REALLY crappy customer service reputation,
and practically nobody is making aftermarket "goodies" for them.

CZ has CZ Usa, CZ Custom, and Cajun Gun Works for parts as well as several
gunsmiths that do great work on them.

M&P, Xd, Glock and the current "flavor of the month" the Sig P320 also all have good
aftermarket support.

Ya I'm looking at getting a stock sp-01. I am not allowed to change it to DA only but from what I understand I can still have the trigger lightened and polished and what not. I'm thinking M&p because it's what u know but that's because I can't get my hands on a CZ to try. I kind of just want to order it.

I own a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow from the custom shop (Accu-Shadow) and it's absolutely amazing pistol. If you purchase one you will not be disappointed. Concerning the trigger D/A is butter smooth at 5lbs and S/A at 3lbs or a little less with a very short reset. Racking the slide back feels like it's floating on air it's that smooth. Dead nuts accurate!

IMHO a competition gun is a very personal decision it's what works best for you and what you have 100% confidence in. Once you find the gun that works best for you whether it's a CZ, M&P or Glock stick with it and shoot the snoot out of it. Become one with the gun.

If you shoot your full size M&P well, and you have confidence in that platform I would be looking hard at the M&P Pro in 9mm for production or .40 for limited. IMHO the M&P Pro line provides an excellent value.

I heard the double action pull is like 12 pounds. That's pretty heavy imho. But it could potentially feel like less I suppose. I've read that Cajun is awesome !

I have had one about 4 or 5 years now. I have many pistols and revolvers and the SP-01 is phenomenal
The trigger was ok, not the best but I ordered a load of Cajun Gun Works parts and learned he SP-01 inside and out.
Now with a little work it is up there with a real nice 1911 trigger.....but a little longer reset......which can be remedied with CGW parts

if you plan a lot of dry fire replace the firing pin retaining pin first off. The roll pin doesn't take much dry fire before it gets beat up.....CGW makes a carbide pin that's bullet proof. The only real weak spot, if no dry fire no worries

Wow that would suck.

In USPSA Production Division---where you see a LOT of CZ's----you have to start a SP-01
with the hammer FULLY down. Not just half cock---all the way down on the firing pin.
Some people get a little nervous about that--and I've seen 3 people DQ when the hammer
slipped while they were lowering it and a round fired.

Unless it's a de-cocker--then you just de-cock it to about halfway down.

Agreed that you can get a slightly better trigger on a non-decocker gun. Not a
WHOLE LOT better, my de-cocker guns run around 2.5 lbs single action and
close to 5 lbs for that short double action first shot. Reset is about .040 longer.

The regular SP-01's are a heck of a lot easier to work on, the de-cocker gun sear cage is the spawn of the devil.:)

Ya I haven't heard enough about them to want one. I just am trying to see if there is a better option than m&p

The EAA Witness guns are fine---but EAA has a REALLY crappy customer service reputation,
and practically nobody is making aftermarket "goodies" for them.

CZ has CZ Usa, CZ Custom, and Cajun Gun Works for parts as well as several
gunsmiths that do great work on them.

M&P, Xd, Glock and the current "flavor of the month" the Sig P320 also all have good
aftermarket support.

I heard the double action pull is like 12 pounds. That's pretty heavy imho. But it could potentially feel like less I suppose. I've read that Cajun is awesome !
if it is it sure didn't feel like it, not as heavy as a Glock stock trigger IMO

I lightened the hammer spring, world of improvement on the DA first pull.
In turn I lightened the firing pin return spring so it is still all 100% reliable.

the heart to a good CZ trigger is in the hammer hook and how it engages the sear.... coupled with slight spring changes , some polishing and it is shocking how nice it gets

Was it hard to do the work ? I gotta get my hands in one of these freakin things to feel it.

if it is it sure didn't feel like it, not as heavy as a Glock stock trigger IMO

I lightened the hammer spring, world of improvement on the DA first pull.
In turn I lightened the firing pin return spring so it is still all 100% reliable.

the heart to a good CZ trigger is in the hammer hook and how it engages the sear.... coupled with slight spring changes , some polishing and it is shocking how nice it gets

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top