JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't nevessarily think so, the CZ75 was that mysterious cool wondernine hidden behind the iron curtain in its early days. So they are playing to that mystique. Its a commie design - so this makes more sense than slapping the stars and stripes on it.

Too many folks have suffered and or died , at the hands of people who believed in those symbols for me to want one.

That said...
Should it not be made or sold...Nope , not saying that...
Nor am I saying that firearms with symbols of repressive regimes be banned from being owned , bought , sold , imported , etc....
Just that its not for me.
Andy

I think it's funny how we beat our heads against the wall trying to explain to Liberals that an AR-15 is not evil.
Then turn right around and refuse to own a gun because it's evil. :s0004:
The gun isn't evil, I happen to think that it's the only good thing to come out of Russia... ever.
If it were a true Cold War era relic with some history behind it I might be interested (same w the Luger). But as a "commemorative"? No thank you.
I also don't collect Hot Wheels, NASCAR plates or Beanie Babies. Not evil, just not interested.

The gun isn't evil, I happen to think that it's the only good thing to come out of Russia... ever.
If it were a true Cold War era relic with some history behind it I might be interested (same w the Luger). But as a "commemorative"? No thank you.
I also don't collect Hot Wheels, NASCAR plates or Beanie Babies. Not evil, just not interested.

I see. Your just not interested in reproductions?
If so. I get that.

As to originals. I always thought. What better way to show your enemy he's been beaten. Than to take his stuff?
Especially his weapons and ability to make war on you and yours. ;)

Heck. In olden times we would have taken his Wife and Sons. And taught them to forsake there own belief system for ours.

I see. Your just not interested in reproductions?
If so. I get that.
It's not about reproductions either. Maybe they're using the word "commemorative" in a more secular way... maybe this will clear it up:
com·mem·o·rate

kəˈmeməˌrāt/

verb

recall and show respect for (someone or something).

"a wreath-laying ceremony to commemorate the war dead"

celebrate (an event, a person, or a situation) by doing or building something.

"it was a night commemorated in a song"

synonyms:celebrate, pay tribute to, pay homage to, honor, salute, toast;

I wouldn't buy a commemorative Ho Chi Minh AK 47, either. Celebrating victory in the Cold War is different than celebrating the oppressive regime and it's failed murderous policies. They can shove their hammer and choke on their sicle.

It's Czech.
Albeit when Czech was part of the Soviet Bloc.

I remember as kid watching the Viet Nam news feeds.
One that sticks out was a US raid on a VC weapons cache.
The ammo was Czech made. I'd like to think that the Czechs were forced to comply.

Not sure where I'm going with that, although I do like the CZ 75.
Incredible design. "Fits your hand like a glove" - Hickok45
I just don't like the adornments on the pistol in post #1.

It's Czech.
Albeit when Czech was part of the Soviet Bloc.
You're right, of course.
Hell, I've been carrying for almost 30 years and a big chunk of that was with a CZ75c or a Tanfoglio variant... you could say I'm a fan. I was packing an E German Makarov (stripped from the still-warm body of my vanquished enemy!! @Medic!) up until a few yrs ago. Beautiful piece... shoulda kept it.

I think appreciation or disdain for such a product could very much be generational. Although I have no interest in owning this pistol, I see it thusly marked as sort of a neo war trophy.

You can buy Rooshkie fighter pilot helmets, German helmets, Japanese swords, and some folks have an interest in such things, even though they may be only a reproduction. So why not a Rooshkie marked Cz?

Growing up during the Cold War, and being a Cold War Vet, it's hard for me to forget my deeply ingrained distrust, hatred, and fear of anything Soviet, including their Eastern Bloc allies.

When I see anything marked Cz, my first thoughts are of the Soviet Bloc.

I've read the newspapers, and I know the Iron Curtain has fallen, but it is not easy to forget my enemy.

So if a feller is younger, and has nothing but Kumbaya for the ex-Soviet Bloc, time marches on. To other folks who remember the Soviets promising to bury us, such a product is not so palatable, other than as a souvenir.

it's hard for me to forget my deeply ingrained distrust, hatred, and fear of anything Soviet, including their Eastern Bloc allies.
I remember the transition of focus from Cold War chicanery to anti-terrorism. I remember the day (if not the actual date) and the briefing when we were informed that blonde-haired, blue-eyed intelligence gatherers and defector "conductors" were no longer needed as the Brezhnev Doctrine was eliminated. The Cold War was over and we had a new enemy... we had fought a proxy-war by backing Afghanistan against Russian invasion and now the ME was our enemy... we need "swarthy" people in the ME. Okay, fine. I'm done, c.1989.

The E Germans and their allies were a nasty bunch... as disgusting and ruthless as any KGB or SS sh*thead. KOS (kill on sight) was not an unreasonable imperative.

To paraphrase Pacino (Scarface), "I kill comunists for fun. For a Green Card, I'll carve him up real good". I didn't need a Green Card, but that sick, sadistic bunch needed to be eliminated w prejudice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top