JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I normally shoot my CZ 455 in our informal 100 yard matches at my gun club. But a lot of people test ammo at 50 yards, probably due to less wind effect, so I thought maybe I should just see hiw it fared with different ammo.
The loads were as follows: A08BFC89-9FD5-4475-8A23-FB639D5BB8CB.jpeg 5EB6601F-3232-418F-9F63-4C783B4DCA72.jpeg
SK Std Plus CCI std. Aguila HP. CCI Blazer
And, yes that top left group with the SK Standard Plus is 5 shots! No surprise that the $8 per box of 50 ammo fared best, but the CCI Blazer performed better than I expected and the CCI Standard was not as good as I hoped for. The last group with the Aguila 38 gr HP wasn't bad at all.
The CZ-455 is a standard model with nice iron sights, but all testing was done with a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14X scope at 14X, from a bench rest. Not bad at all from a Bi-Mart special $299.00 rifle a couple years ago.

Always good to know what works in various guns. I know different guns of the same brand/model may have different preferences for ammo - especially rimfire, but in my experience, as a general trend, the higher quality ammo usually works better than the "bulk" ammo - especially the "match grade" ammo.

I have a CZ 457 and conducted similar ammo testing, but used off-the-shelf bulk rounds: Aguila Standard Velocity 40gr LRN (blue box), Aguila High Velocity 40gr Copper Plated (orange box), and CCI Blazer 40 gr.

Target at 50 yards. 2 shooters with similar capabilities. After we settled in, we found the Aguila High Velocity performed well. Target shown compared Aguila HV and Blazer.

1623856709542.jpeg

I normally shoot my CZ 455 in our informal 100 yard matches at my gun club. But a lot of people test ammo at 50 yards, probably due to less wind effect, so I thought maybe I should just see hiw it fared with different ammo.
The loads were as follows:View attachment 898223View attachment 898442
SK Std Plus CCI std. Aguila HP. CCI Blazer
And, yes that top left group with the SK Standard Plus is 5 shots! No surprise that the $8 per box of 50 ammo fared best, but the CCI Blazer performed better than I expected and the CCI Standard was not as good as I hoped for. The last group with the Aguila 38 gr HP wasn't bad at all.
The CZ-455 is a standard model with nice iron sights, but all testing was done with a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14X scope at 14X, from a bench rest. Not bad at all from a Bi-Mart special $299.00 rifle a couple years ago.
To reaffirm how well SK Rifle Match can indeed perform, but certainly NOT always, here's a group shot last week from my CZ 457 MTR, on the left, ELEY yellow box on the right at 45 yards:

8zYtFrk.jpg

My 457 likes SK. 10 shot groups below. Would love to test ELEY...just can't find any :-(.

View attachment 1003186
Man, I read you. I have a habit of buying .22 rimfire when I find it for sale. My only, what I consider, an addiction, is shooting my .22 rimfire firearms, as once when I was 10 years old I caught the scent of burned .22 rimfire gun powder, and it's become a habit that's hard to kick.
I bought a brick of this Eley offering a while back with the intentions of seeing what it will do not only in my KIDD 10/22 clone, but also in several of my CZ bolt action rifles along with a Savage Mark II bolt rifle:

7AaCuL6.jpg

Now, is this ammunition really only suitable in a semi-automatic .22 rifle? I don't know, but will find out, and maybe the ELEY marketing staff has probably SNAFOOD me once again. ;)

Man, I read you. I have a habit of buying .22 rimfire when I find it for sale. My only, what I consider, an addiction, is shooting my .22 rimfire firearms, as once when I was 10 years old I caught the scent of burned .22 rimfire gun powder, and it's become a habit that's hard to kick.
I bought a brick of this Eley offering a while back with the intentions of seeing what it will do not only in my KIDD 10/22 clone, but also in several of my CZ bolt action rifles along with a Savage Mark II bolt rifle:

View attachment 1003286

Now, is this ammunition really only suitable in a semi-automatic .22 rifle? I don't know, but will find out, and maybe the ELEY marketing staff has probably SNAFOOD me once again. ;)
My KIDD barreled 10/22 really liked CCI Clean. Give that a burn and see what happens. (All 10 shot groups below)

1627859044877.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads