JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I normally shoot my CZ 455 in our informal 100 yard matches at my gun club. But a lot of people test ammo at 50 yards, probably due to less wind effect, so I thought maybe I should just see hiw it fared with different ammo.
The loads were as follows: A08BFC89-9FD5-4475-8A23-FB639D5BB8CB.jpeg 5EB6601F-3232-418F-9F63-4C783B4DCA72.jpeg
SK Std Plus CCI std. Aguila HP. CCI Blazer
And, yes that top left group with the SK Standard Plus is 5 shots! No surprise that the $8 per box of 50 ammo fared best, but the CCI Blazer performed better than I expected and the CCI Standard was not as good as I hoped for. The last group with the Aguila 38 gr HP wasn't bad at all.
The CZ-455 is a standard model with nice iron sights, but all testing was done with a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14X scope at 14X, from a bench rest. Not bad at all from a Bi-Mart special $299.00 rifle a couple years ago.

Always good to know what works in various guns. I know different guns of the same brand/model may have different preferences for ammo - especially rimfire, but in my experience, as a general trend, the higher quality ammo usually works better than the "bulk" ammo - especially the "match grade" ammo.

I have a CZ 457 and conducted similar ammo testing, but used off-the-shelf bulk rounds: Aguila Standard Velocity 40gr LRN (blue box), Aguila High Velocity 40gr Copper Plated (orange box), and CCI Blazer 40 gr.

Target at 50 yards. 2 shooters with similar capabilities. After we settled in, we found the Aguila High Velocity performed well. Target shown compared Aguila HV and Blazer.

1623856709542.jpeg

I normally shoot my CZ 455 in our informal 100 yard matches at my gun club. But a lot of people test ammo at 50 yards, probably due to less wind effect, so I thought maybe I should just see hiw it fared with different ammo.
The loads were as follows:View attachment 898223View attachment 898442
SK Std Plus CCI std. Aguila HP. CCI Blazer
And, yes that top left group with the SK Standard Plus is 5 shots! No surprise that the $8 per box of 50 ammo fared best, but the CCI Blazer performed better than I expected and the CCI Standard was not as good as I hoped for. The last group with the Aguila 38 gr HP wasn't bad at all.
The CZ-455 is a standard model with nice iron sights, but all testing was done with a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14X scope at 14X, from a bench rest. Not bad at all from a Bi-Mart special $299.00 rifle a couple years ago.
To reaffirm how well SK Rifle Match can indeed perform, but certainly NOT always, here's a group shot last week from my CZ 457 MTR, on the left, ELEY yellow box on the right at 45 yards:

8zYtFrk.jpg

My 457 likes SK. 10 shot groups below. Would love to test ELEY...just can't find any :-(.

View attachment 1003186
Man, I read you. I have a habit of buying .22 rimfire when I find it for sale. My only, what I consider, an addiction, is shooting my .22 rimfire firearms, as once when I was 10 years old I caught the scent of burned .22 rimfire gun powder, and it's become a habit that's hard to kick.
I bought a brick of this Eley offering a while back with the intentions of seeing what it will do not only in my KIDD 10/22 clone, but also in several of my CZ bolt action rifles along with a Savage Mark II bolt rifle:

7AaCuL6.jpg

Now, is this ammunition really only suitable in a semi-automatic .22 rifle? I don't know, but will find out, and maybe the ELEY marketing staff has probably SNAFOOD me once again. ;)

Man, I read you. I have a habit of buying .22 rimfire when I find it for sale. My only, what I consider, an addiction, is shooting my .22 rimfire firearms, as once when I was 10 years old I caught the scent of burned .22 rimfire gun powder, and it's become a habit that's hard to kick.
I bought a brick of this Eley offering a while back with the intentions of seeing what it will do not only in my KIDD 10/22 clone, but also in several of my CZ bolt action rifles along with a Savage Mark II bolt rifle:

View attachment 1003286

Now, is this ammunition really only suitable in a semi-automatic .22 rifle? I don't know, but will find out, and maybe the ELEY marketing staff has probably SNAFOOD me once again. ;)
My KIDD barreled 10/22 really liked CCI Clean. Give that a burn and see what happens. (All 10 shot groups below)

1627859044877.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top