JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys im looking at a Remington 700 from a buddy of mine. Going to trade a revolver valued at around 800$. ITs got a custom 26in heavy weight barrel, trigger job, and a Leupold VXIII scope. Pretty clean shape, has seen a few hunts. Shoots single hole 3 shot groups at 100 yards from a bench.... I have seen it done. This will be my break from a long line of semi autos! Any input on if this is a good trade?

Hell yes it sure seems like it would be a good trade.

The rifle, plus the aftermarket precision barrel (provided it's a quality make and wasn't put on my some Fudd), plus the Leupy scope? I'd jump on that for certain.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. The value of the Leupold scope will vary quite a bit depending on the power of the scope. As a base line I value a used VXIII scope in the $300 dollar range. $500 for the rifle sounds in the ballpark provided the barrel is not shot out.

I measure a varmint rifle on how it shoots 5 groups of 5 shots each. One three shot group tells me nothing. If it can average 1/2 inch groups in 25 shots I would buy it myself.

Did the trade and it is sweet. The barrel is floated as well. Its actually a new 9 power VXII. The barrel is beautiful, strong shiny bore. Got 150 varmint loads, 50 medium game loads, and 50 more misc. Very happy with it. Though I think a boyd pepper stock and a full cerakote flat charcoal is coming up for it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top