JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys im looking at a Remington 700 from a buddy of mine. Going to trade a revolver valued at around 800$. ITs got a custom 26in heavy weight barrel, trigger job, and a Leupold VXIII scope. Pretty clean shape, has seen a few hunts. Shoots single hole 3 shot groups at 100 yards from a bench.... I have seen it done. This will be my break from a long line of semi autos! Any input on if this is a good trade?

Hell yes it sure seems like it would be a good trade.

The rifle, plus the aftermarket precision barrel (provided it's a quality make and wasn't put on my some Fudd), plus the Leupy scope? I'd jump on that for certain.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. The value of the Leupold scope will vary quite a bit depending on the power of the scope. As a base line I value a used VXIII scope in the $300 dollar range. $500 for the rifle sounds in the ballpark provided the barrel is not shot out.

I measure a varmint rifle on how it shoots 5 groups of 5 shots each. One three shot group tells me nothing. If it can average 1/2 inch groups in 25 shots I would buy it myself.

Did the trade and it is sweet. The barrel is floated as well. Its actually a new 9 power VXII. The barrel is beautiful, strong shiny bore. Got 150 varmint loads, 50 medium game loads, and 50 more misc. Very happy with it. Though I think a boyd pepper stock and a full cerakote flat charcoal is coming up for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top