JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Christmas has been good for me! I got my CMMG Guard in 9mm in time to shoot before Christmas. Then I got my locking block from midway USA the other day and today, Christmas Eve, I borrowed a slide from my other 19 to demo her out. She shoots very well. As good as a Glock can shoot I guess. Which is pretty good. Mag changes are easy with the frame work that had been done.

So far I'm ashamed of what I've spent on this project! I haven't even began shopping for slides or barrels. However I've always wanted to put together a Glock of my own. I was going to do a Polymer80 frame, but @LuckySG had a bunch of factory Glock frames for $100. So I picked one up instead of the Polymer80.

Then I got in contact with @brenty who does custom stipple work out in Tualitan. His work is very nice. Clean boarders, accented mag release, reduced trigger cuts in the trigger guard, thumb ledge, reshaped mag well, and polished clean to look nice. If I had one criticism for his work it would be the trigger finger index was a little deep. Overall I'm very happy with his work and said I'd get a shout out to him once I could. This frame fits so well in the hand and is vastly more comfortable to grip then a stock grip frame.

Ordered a factory Glock frame kit, which are set up for Polymer80 builds as I learned, they don't include the locking block! So I had to order that too. Which is what postponed my maiden run.

So that is as far as it stands for now. Slides are not cheap and I can't afford one right now until I sell off some stuff and save up some moneys. I'll update the retread once I get one.

Tips, and thoughts on slides and such welcomed. Any thoughts on triggers, I have never had any issues with stock Glock, but then again I've never tried a fancy one either.

Reno911

48C40AE9-3807-43D7-8898-59E96C4FA2C6.jpeg 54C722D7-60C3-4EE8-9915-923B37923560.jpeg 939B95DB-3F9F-44F4-B4F1-E52E38255435.jpeg BD89E0AE-AF87-4602-B7D6-05AC426A920A.jpeg 7817754F-7149-4400-9875-A948D1073FC4.jpeg 3820456C-EC8B-40A1-BA18-C65F9E662159.jpeg

Nice work! I can help you work magic with the factory parts and maybe a bit or two from Ghost as well as barrels. Still looking for a great supplier for slides at a decent price.

Zev Industries is out of Centralia (you guys probably know this, I just learned.) and I saw some of their upper end slides going for $385 during these recent sales.

I'm going to build a P80, so I've been looking my self. If you want to sell that stock slide after you get new... let me know.

Christmas has been good for me! I got my CMMG Guard in 9mm in time to shoot before Christmas.

Did you post a write-up of that 9mm Guard? If so, I couldn't find it. If you didn't (or if you didn't say), how smoky is it? I've seen a few youtube reviews and in some, it doesn't seem like much gas/debris is coming out of the ejection port, but in one case (where they didn't ID the ammo), it looked super-smoky. Thanks!

If anyone is curious the above link has more in stock.

I'm not really sure you could build a P80 for less. I would rather have 9mm but I can't complain. Even a G17 slide, cheapest one sale I found, was $240 at Brownells and its a bare slide.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top