JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Modified this old MOLLE vest to better fit my size and set it up into a fishing vest! The modification entailed cutting the 3 inch wide shoulder strap webbing and folding the corners over 1" wide webbing to connect to a set of LBV shoulder pads

In each of the two large Sustainment Pouches, are 2 Plano tackle organizer boxes, and in one is a stringer chain. In the Medic pockets up top, one has 4 jars of Power Bait, and the other has a spare DAK reel spool, 3 spools of extra line, a spiral weight, a 6-compartment box with rooster tails and spoons for trout fishing, and a diagonal wire cutter. I also have 2 1qt canteens, and in the small pockets on the canteen carrier is my fishing license, leatherman tool, a folding Buck knife and my keys.

20150810_141933.jpg

20150810_142121.jpg

20150810_141943.jpg

20150810_142846.jpg

20150810_142927.jpg

Tacktical fishing at its finest:p

Hahaha I like camo, and wanted to use what I have around my gear pile for fishing. Have not found a budget fishing vest that can carry 4 8x11 Plano tackle organizers plus misc things and water.

Damn I don't carry that much stuff in my boat. :s0111:

Hahaha thanks. I know I probably wont use ALL of the stuff in one day but over a few days maybe...... coupled with the 3 extra bags here, I think it could be a good hike/fish/camp rig....
SO heres the RIDICULOUSLY overloaded looking set up. Only thing missing would be a small daypack w clothes and food and sleep pad. And a way to cook the catch of the day(s)...

20150813_202932.jpg

Hahaha I like camo, and wanted to use what I have around my gear pile for fishing. Have not found a budget fishing vest that can carry 4 8x11 Plano tackle organizers plus misc things and water.

Hahaha thanks. I know I probably wont use ALL of the stuff in one day but over a few days maybe...... coupled with the 3 extra bags here, I think it could be a good hike/fish/camp rig....
SO heres the RIDICULOUSLY overloaded looking set up. Only thing missing would be a small daypack w clothes and food and sleep pad. And a way to cook the catch of the day(s)...
I hope you don't fall in wearing that otherwise you will be feeding the fish a different way.

I hope you don't fall in wearing that otherwise you will be feeding the fish a different way.
Hahahaha dont own a boat.

Did you build this for Combat salmon fishing? lol:s0018:
bahahhaha thats funny right there. Some people seem to report more success wearing camo when sight-fishing in clear waters though I would think its all about the silhouette.

"I hope you don't fall in wearing that otherwise you will be feeding the fish a different way."

Ya! Where's that PFD young man?:D
dont need a PFD when bank fishing or fishing from a dock or wading in. (Nice thing about the MOLLE pouches... GENEROUS drainage compared to the M1956 and the cotton Fox Outdoors photographers vest..

Nice ingenious way to re-purpose tac gear. I saw some stuff online a while back - it was a commercial MOLLE "fishing system" with configurable pouches, cheezy floppy nylon holster, etc. Your system looks better and is likely a lot more rugged. I find it kind of funny how some of the big tackle makers, and even more of the no-name chinese producers will throw stitched PALS-like webbing on some of their stuff. It's not actual PALS - usually the size and spacing is way wrong, or it's loose looped rows of web.

I used to carry as much gear as you're toting around with you but of late (well, the last few years) I have been on a quest to down size what I carry afield - I still find myself packing too much crap along and not using 1/10th what I bring. I do have days though where I get out of the house with a pocket size box of lures or flies, one rod, nippers, a knife, and forceps. I go further on those trips - they're usually stream fishing endeavors. I've also paired my tackle down (though I catch myself buying rods for no *good* reason sometimes still, I always find a use or have a justification - but it's so much easier packing a lot of crap in a boat vs on foot)

My current slimmed down tackle carry system is an Allen Fall River chest pack. It looks kind of like a micro chest rig for rifle mags & crap. Two "main" compartments, one holds a large (5x7) fly box or lure box and a few slim items - the other will hold a few spools of leader material, some floats and a container of split shot. There's two very thin pockets - big enough for flat items like a thin wallet or fishing license holder. There's some loops sewn into the shoulder straps to secure the hose for a water bladder (separate piece of equipment) and some more webbing on the sides for stuffing pliers or forceps into. Fully loaded it weighs a couple pounds. I don't like it as much as my old chest rig though - but it's a tad better laid out up front. The old rig had a back piece that had an extra storage compartment, and balanced the weight better.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top