JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Modified this old MOLLE vest to better fit my size and set it up into a fishing vest! The modification entailed cutting the 3 inch wide shoulder strap webbing and folding the corners over 1" wide webbing to connect to a set of LBV shoulder pads

In each of the two large Sustainment Pouches, are 2 Plano tackle organizer boxes, and in one is a stringer chain. In the Medic pockets up top, one has 4 jars of Power Bait, and the other has a spare DAK reel spool, 3 spools of extra line, a spiral weight, a 6-compartment box with rooster tails and spoons for trout fishing, and a diagonal wire cutter. I also have 2 1qt canteens, and in the small pockets on the canteen carrier is my fishing license, leatherman tool, a folding Buck knife and my keys.

20150810_141933.jpg

20150810_142121.jpg

20150810_141943.jpg

20150810_142846.jpg

20150810_142927.jpg

Tacktical fishing at its finest:p

Hahaha I like camo, and wanted to use what I have around my gear pile for fishing. Have not found a budget fishing vest that can carry 4 8x11 Plano tackle organizers plus misc things and water.

Damn I don't carry that much stuff in my boat. :s0111:

Hahaha thanks. I know I probably wont use ALL of the stuff in one day but over a few days maybe...... coupled with the 3 extra bags here, I think it could be a good hike/fish/camp rig....
SO heres the RIDICULOUSLY overloaded looking set up. Only thing missing would be a small daypack w clothes and food and sleep pad. And a way to cook the catch of the day(s)...

20150813_202932.jpg

Hahaha I like camo, and wanted to use what I have around my gear pile for fishing. Have not found a budget fishing vest that can carry 4 8x11 Plano tackle organizers plus misc things and water.

Hahaha thanks. I know I probably wont use ALL of the stuff in one day but over a few days maybe...... coupled with the 3 extra bags here, I think it could be a good hike/fish/camp rig....
SO heres the RIDICULOUSLY overloaded looking set up. Only thing missing would be a small daypack w clothes and food and sleep pad. And a way to cook the catch of the day(s)...
I hope you don't fall in wearing that otherwise you will be feeding the fish a different way.

I hope you don't fall in wearing that otherwise you will be feeding the fish a different way.
Hahahaha dont own a boat.

Did you build this for Combat salmon fishing? lol:s0018:
bahahhaha thats funny right there. Some people seem to report more success wearing camo when sight-fishing in clear waters though I would think its all about the silhouette.

"I hope you don't fall in wearing that otherwise you will be feeding the fish a different way."

Ya! Where's that PFD young man?:D
dont need a PFD when bank fishing or fishing from a dock or wading in. (Nice thing about the MOLLE pouches... GENEROUS drainage compared to the M1956 and the cotton Fox Outdoors photographers vest..

Nice ingenious way to re-purpose tac gear. I saw some stuff online a while back - it was a commercial MOLLE "fishing system" with configurable pouches, cheezy floppy nylon holster, etc. Your system looks better and is likely a lot more rugged. I find it kind of funny how some of the big tackle makers, and even more of the no-name chinese producers will throw stitched PALS-like webbing on some of their stuff. It's not actual PALS - usually the size and spacing is way wrong, or it's loose looped rows of web.

I used to carry as much gear as you're toting around with you but of late (well, the last few years) I have been on a quest to down size what I carry afield - I still find myself packing too much crap along and not using 1/10th what I bring. I do have days though where I get out of the house with a pocket size box of lures or flies, one rod, nippers, a knife, and forceps. I go further on those trips - they're usually stream fishing endeavors. I've also paired my tackle down (though I catch myself buying rods for no *good* reason sometimes still, I always find a use or have a justification - but it's so much easier packing a lot of crap in a boat vs on foot)

My current slimmed down tackle carry system is an Allen Fall River chest pack. It looks kind of like a micro chest rig for rifle mags & crap. Two "main" compartments, one holds a large (5x7) fly box or lure box and a few slim items - the other will hold a few spools of leader material, some floats and a container of split shot. There's two very thin pockets - big enough for flat items like a thin wallet or fishing license holder. There's some loops sewn into the shoulder straps to secure the hose for a water bladder (separate piece of equipment) and some more webbing on the sides for stuffing pliers or forceps into. Fully loaded it weighs a couple pounds. I don't like it as much as my old chest rig though - but it's a tad better laid out up front. The old rig had a back piece that had an extra storage compartment, and balanced the weight better.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top