JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am I right in understanding that you have the best prices on AR's in town.
I suspect your inquiry should have been followed by one of those funny symbols that looks like a shepherd's staff with a dot at the bottom.. like this one: ?

Curt's has a great selection and an impressive inventory of AR rifles, parts, gear and ammo. I was there Wednesday. The staff was courteous and helpful. They let me browse and peruse but made sure I knew they were available if I had any questions or needed assistance. I did experience a slight discrepancy between a phone quoted price and what I paid when I got there.

I saw many items that I could have purchased for 5-15% cheaper online, but that is well within my cutoff range for buying local and having local rapport and support after the sale.

If I was in the PDX area and looking for an AR or AR parts and accessories, the trip would be incomplete without a trip to Curt's, and I think they have a great variety and demonstrated value in all value tiers of AR-15's.

Am I right in understanding that you have the best prices on AR's in town.

Short answer: Locally, yes, we probably do have the best prices on ARs at many different price-points, since that is our specialty.

Long answer: We certainly try to have the best prices, although there are certain items that we can, at times, be undersold on particularly by on-line competitors. But matching/beating online retailers is not really our business model.

At heart, we are a brick-&-mortar, local shop and more importantly, a service center. We help a lot of new-to-the-AR-market people get started, and find specific items for those who have already been doing it for a while and know what they want. Our staff has very broad experience in a variety of areas and can share information that would otherwise be very expensive to explore on one's own (night vision, reloading, machining, refinishing, suppressors, class III etc), and we're able to share that experience and knowledge without our customers feeling like they are being treated like toddlers.

Our staff, unlike many gunstores, is made up of hobbyists who actually like what they do in the AR field and that is reflected in the knowledge that is made available to our customers.

We also feel that being able to hold and inspect the items you're about to purchase, in person, adds a significant amount of value and confidence to the overall experience.

Service is part of what we offer, and you might not ever have to pay more for it. It's definitely something that sets us apart from on-line competitors and most peoples' stereotype of the snooty local gun store.

P.S. we don't charge shipping or sales tax for in-store purchases ::s0155:

And KalamaMark, thanks for visiting. We value your support!

I suspect your inquiry should have been followed by one of those funny symbols that looks like a shepherd's staff with a dot at the bottom.. like this one: ?

Curt's has a great selection and an impressive inventory of AR rifles, parts, gear and ammo. I was there Wednesday. The staff was courteous and helpful. They let me browse and peruse but made sure I knew they were available if I had any questions or needed assistance. I did experience a slight discrepancy between a phone quoted price and what I paid when I got there.

I saw many items that I could have purchased for 5-15% cheaper online, but that is well within my cutoff range for buying local and having local rapport and support after the sale.

If I was in the PDX area and looking for an AR or AR parts and accessories, the trip would be incomplete without a trip to Curt's, and I think they have a great variety and demonstrated value in all value tiers of AR-15's.

Mine was a somewhat rhetorical question but thanks for the impartial feedback. I paid a very brief visit to Curt's last year where I also found the staff were very helpful.

My Favorite shop for Gun accessories. I come in all the time & get treated with great respect, & Im a younger guy. Most places will just shove me aside for someone else, even with a pocket full of cash. I have purchased AR accessories & Rifles from kurt's & the customer service is always A+ whether I deal with kurt directly or one of his staff members. I get items installed I do not have a bench or tools to install on my own. They get the job done quickly & charge a very fair price for the work.

Really enjoying the YHM phantom I just had installed.

Thanks again for the Bushy M16A2. :)

.45's and .38's

Definitely THE place to go for AR stuff. I have been there a few times and they are extremely nice and helpful. Prices are better than anyone in town and they have a great selection of accessories. Plus a gunsmith who can help with most things. I tell everyone to check them out.

I have purchased suppressors, bought a pistol, done a firearm transfer, bought accessories, bought ammo, and had a barrel threaded all at Curts. I keep coming back for the great staff and great prices, I also recommend this shop to everyone I know. Keep up the good work.

I've been to the store a couple of times, and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. Great service, lots of quality stuff in stock, and competitive prices.

Even though it's a bit of a drive for me, it is worth the trip.

I am looking for a LMT lower, wondering of you have one or could get it in store, specifically the Defender lower with SOPMOD stock and standard trigger. LMT p/n L7LB2

Thanks!

Last Edited:
Curts is one of the finest shops of its kind on the west coast.
Great knowledgeable folks and outstanding prices.
Just an FYI if you have not been there. GO see for yourself. You will love it.

Should note, I was Just there a day ago and the new layout in the store is fantastic.
Go see for yourself. If they don't have it, you won't find it.

Looking at all the positive reviews, it makes me wonder if I went in on a bad day. I stopped by last year, my first visit, on a friends' recommendation. I was looking for some work on a rifle. I didn't get the helpful, friendly staff everyone talks about. I basically got ignored, left standing there with no one asking if I needed help - one guy even made eye contact with me, but just stood there. I finally had to ask someone to help me. It wasn't a good first impression, I haven't been back since and ended up taking my business somewhere else. Like I said, maybe it was just a bad day and they're worth a second try.

Visited for the first time today, staff was very helpful and answered all my silly questions. I ended up buying my very first AR and can't wait to get out and break it in! Their Rouge Defense is great as well. Thanks again for the pleasant experience. See you again soon.

Looking at all the positive reviews, it makes me wonder if I went in on a bad day. I stopped by last year, my first visit, on a friends' recommendation. I was looking for some work on a rifle. I didn't get the helpful, friendly staff everyone talks about. I basically got ignored, left standing there with no one asking if I needed help - one guy even made eye contact with me, but just stood there. I finally had to ask someone to help me. It wasn't a good first impression, I haven't been back since and ended up taking my business somewhere else. Like I said, maybe it was just a bad day and they're worth a second try.

If it was last year during the panic, that was why.

If somebody did have an experience that was not what they expected please give Curt's another try. A lot of things have been happening at Curt's. If you did see a price online that was cheaper mention it to the staff, there might be something they can do for you. Sometimes you just cant beat the online stores.

I plan on stopping in Curt's while in Portland for a VA post-op. Gonna hit Fisherman's and Harbor Freight. Need some reloading supplies, a forum member said it is a great shop for all things guns.

What does a basic lower parts kit run without fire control group? I already have an ALG ACT trigger on the way and just need the rest.

Also, newbie question: I had a lower put together from a kit I already had. The takedown pin slides out fairly easy. Isn't there some sort of detent that's supposed to keep it put? If so, do you carry such a thing or is it a whole pin I need to replace? Thanks.

What does a basic lower parts kit run without fire control group? I already have an ALG ACT trigger on the way and just need the rest.

$39 for LPK w/o trigger group. The ALG is a good choice in the "enhanced battle trigger class."

Also, newbie question: I had a lower put together from a kit I already had. The takedown pin slides out fairly easy. Isn't there some sort of detent that's supposed to keep it put? If so, do you carry such a thing or is it a whole pin I need to replace? Thanks.

It's possible that the spring was crimped during the installation of the stock end plate, weakening the tension it can provide, or that either the rear takedown pin detent is missing or the spring for the detent is missing. Either way, bring the lower in and we can look at it. If it's either the spring or the detent, the price for those parts are ~$1.00 each

I am looking for a Noveske 16" stainless Recon barrel with a switchblock. Is that something you have in stock or can get? And what's the price on that? I'm also looking for an AAC M4-2000 or an SR5. In stock and price on those?
Thanks

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.