JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anything you here is just rumor or speculation. However, since Sheriffs already have a process and records for CHL's it is not unreasonable to speculate they will just add a few columns to that data base and keep records for both CHL and Permits to purchase in it. Especially since the training requirements will likely overlap.

Is how to manage records something to get worked up about? Probably not since there is a bigger issue of permit to purchase, mag ban and affirmative defense to be fought against.

Anybody know if current CHL holders will be put into a public registry along with the new gun permit taking place.Someone mentioned that today on a video that I watched. They made it sound like it was fact?
If you read the text of ballot measure 114 there is absolutely nothing about making any registry available for public viewing.

As He Said; it's going to be 'searchable', but not supposed to have public access. It is privileged information, as it will have your SSN among other info, thus not eligible for FOIA requests.

Don't get me wrong; I'm no happier than anyone else about this garbage, but please don't let rumor get the best of you.

If you read the text of ballot measure 114 there is absolutely nothing about making any registry available for public viewing.
There is also no explicit wording in the measure precluding it being made available to the public.

-Sure, it may be "illegal" for it to be made public, however given the measure in its entirety is unconstitutional, the folks who promoted & whom will be "administrating" the measure are truly not concerned about legalities...

I thought it was the new license to purchase permit that would become public data?
It is a bunch of practically nonsensical text... but I saw no where that they said anything about making the data public. That doesn't mean they won't keep a list of what you bought... but they are already doing that now.

I could be wrong though... it isn't easy to follow.

It is a bunch of practically nonsensical text... but I saw no where that they said anything about making the data public. That doesn't mean they won't keep a list of what you bought... but they are already doing that now.

I could be wrong though... it isn't easy to follow.
this is the only part Ive found so far...
Selection_002.jpg

Where did we hear the new law created a public record?

Anybody know if current CHL holders will be put into a public registry along with the new gun permit taking place.Someone mentioned that today on a video that I watched. They made it sound like it was fact?
The world is full of doomsayers at the moment. Somebody speculates as to a list or a requirement and it suddenly goes viral as fact. "There's nothing we can do. We're all screwed." is somehow a comforting sentiment to some. It means they don't have to think or act, and that's good because they're lazy and thinking makes their heads hurt.

I tried discussing how to use a gun trust to prove you owned 30 round magazines prior to the law going into effect. I was met with:

People who don't know what a gun trust is.
People who don't know what a notary is, or how that process works.
People who don't know the law, only some rumor about it.
People who just want to shout because they're angry.
People who don't want to know what's going on because it's too stressful for them.
People who just want it all to go away, and who get angry that you bring it up.

We need to look at things from a reasonable, sensible point of view. Yes, the misguided voters have approved something that should never have been allowed on the ballot. Yes, it has many stupid and unacceptable facets to it. We have to believe that what is unreasonable (just about all of it) will be thrown out by the courts. We need to operate within the bounds of reality. Reality does not include trying to solve the problem by standing in the corner and shouting "Shall not be infringed! I will not comply!" It's fine to entertain those sentiments, but that's not an answer to what's before us.

What is an answer is to become informed, to do whatever we can to get around stupid consequences of bad legislation. Our battle field is now the courts. That takes lawsuits and lawyers, which cost money. So think about how you can help by opening your wallet and giving money to organizations which have a track record of success in representing your interests. That's the one most important thing we can do at this point.

Next best thing we can do is think ahead. Plan an affirmative defense strategy against whatever they throw at you. Set yourself up to be able to laugh at them when they try to charge you with something. This does not amount to compliance. It's just being smart.

As He Said; it's going to be 'searchable', but not supposed to have public access. It is privileged information, as it will have your SSN among other info, thus not eligible for FOIA requests.

Don't get me wrong; I'm no happier than anyone else about this garbage, but please don't let rumor get the best of you.
The state vaccine database was supposed to be closed to the public... until all state workers vaccine statuses were leaked to the Oregonian via email... my wife and i were both affected.

Speaking of Govt Lists......

Rrrrright....... TRUST the GOVT.

And the ever popular.

1669914944631.png

Aloha, Mark

PS......considering the Bruen decision. Did you ever wonder IF the founding fathers were also subject to having a CCW Lic. and/or even firearms registration laws?

Awwwww......Come On Man.
If that were so.......the British would have had a much easier time dealing with the "Rebellion".

Exactly.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews