JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not 855 greentips, regular ol 193.
More of a dimple than a crater.
Almost looks like an arc burn.

They buff out with a rol-lock disk.
Stops doing it around the 120 yd mark.

Craters.
Top plate is regular 1/2" steel, .308 abuse.
ODCNrbvl.jpg

Dimples, small craters with 5.56, 193
9Wsnc1Nl.jpg Upload Photos

everything we shot at it bounced off, except cheap bubblegum Barnaul .223 ammo. 100 yards with one of those piece of crap mini 14. wouldnt want to be the one being shot at!! 10 rounds in the magazine. dropped point of aim down a little, the other 3 hits were in the heart! not steel core. shocked the bejesus out of me

1644628774409.jpeg

Last Edited:
everything we shot at it bounced off, except cheap bubblegum Barnaul .223 ammo. 100 yards with one of those piece of crap mini 14. wouldnt want to be the one being shot at!! 10 rounds in the magazine. dropped point of aim down a little, the other 3 hits were in the heart! not steel core. shocked the bejesus out of me

View attachment 1129631
Those look like steel core hits.

OP, do you have any idea as to the composition of the material it made out of? If not I'd surely start small and work up, don't want to return any Bullets towards the shooter.
no idea at all what it is made of leaned it up against a stump and let it have it, .22lr, .25 auto., .327 federal, .38 special, .357 mag, 9mm, all just splatted and bounced off. cheapest of cheap .223 just damned near blasted through. I am guessing the green tip steel core .223 will blow right on through.

20220211_135357.jpg

It looks to be mild steel.

Mom was right..
Speed kills.

Even steel cased .223 is moving fast enough to poke holes in it.
Small object at high velocity.
Stupid physics, gotta suck the fun out of everything.

You can see it pretty well in the slow mo vid.
On the AR500 with .223 you can see the plasma burning the steel leaving a pock mark.
At around 120 yds velocity drops off enough to not do that on mine.

The big slugs pock marks looked like they had been scarfed out with an air arc.
Lots of energy being dumped all at once.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top