Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Crossdraw holsters, driving, etc.

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by GuyBMeredith, Oct 16, 2013.

1. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

How do crossdraw holsters compare in comfort and convenience to the standard 4 oclock position holster? It seems like the crossdraw would have advantage in sitting positions an making a move to draw would not be as obvious advertisement of intention as the "standard" position.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  2. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

We have to be mindful of sweeping when utilizing a Crossdraw holster.

3. SmawGunner

SmawGunner portland metro Active Member

Crossdraw holsters cannot help but sweep people. Whenever they turn their back to you, they are sweeping you. I like aiwb. You can rest your hands naturally near the aiwb and nobody would notice. This will give you the advantage because you will have a much faster draw. aiwb can be uncomfortable when sitting if you have a large handgun instead of a conceal carry specific design. But you can use a holster like this for more comfort and less printing.
    THE NPE HOLSTER

4. DoktorT

DoktorT Chewelah, WA Member

Cross draw is ideal for driving. No interferance by seat belt. Comfortable while seated. Quick draw has far more to do with practice than position regardless.

That NPE type I haven't a clue about. Hang it around your neck???

5. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

I am using a revolver. Due to lack of discretionary income, I am currently using a 4" K frame. I did a check on some holsters yesterday at Nelson leather in Scio, did not immediately bond with the cross draw, liked a paddle (felt like it sat very close and comfortable), thought a outside the waistband standard position was okay, Will check out IWB as I would like a tuckable.

Probably off to Ted Blocker today. They have a 3 position paddle that might be interesting.