JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a couple air rifles at the same time but this one was a cooler rifle the more I read about it. Don't want to put this down as a review but rather a small input of it. At first, I didn't know if this rifle required a CO2 canister but noting the mechanism for firing the pellets is a Nitrogen Piston instead of a spring,they confirm that this isn't a part that will wear out quickly. You can keep it loaded for about as long as you want. The one I bought shoots .22 bbs and pellets.

The perspective that out of the box, reading the manual to understand how to load it is pretty easy but if you aren't somewhat strong enough to "split" the barrel on your knee, you might wanna keep trying for spring-load rifle or canister powered. I am not well versed in air rifles enough to know the difference in which is which by first glance. Likely that will come later but I'm going to gather that those are more or less a couple hundred $ range I've seen. Really I'm dipping my toes in this because...well damn. It's about the only source of ammo that's actually able to be regularly bought, cheap and plentiful. I also can shoot it right outside the door. The rifle is comfortable and quiet. Loading is easy. Haven't put the scope on, time for that later.

I've got another pump and the Red Ryder in .177. Not going to play favorites, I'm only shooting at a turkey target at about 15 feet stapled to a catch-cardboard box to keep the ricochet down. Might put a can out there or two, its been fun to just plink a bit as the expense is extremely forgiving. With ammo in such high need, the 22LR ammo isn't worth shooting if you can't find it on a shelf. As long as I've got BB's and pellets, I plan to wait a bit until I can. When you go to the range, about 6 months back, it was possible to replenished what was shot x2. Just hadn't had the time to shoot up a whole sleeve of .22LR as I was teaching my daughter as well.

As I tease my fellow powder-burners... "What ammo shortage?"

april2021pelletammo001.jpg

As I tease my fellow powder-burners... "What ammo shortage?"

View attachment 874745
Frank, that's some cool looking ammo. I've got a can that is some German made stuff. I can't exactly remember the name of it but definitely in the same realm as your collection. High quality, consistent pellets. I think I paid about 10+ for a can that's about 150 count. I'm new ...so to speak but glad this area is somewhat unaffected. Some shortages but they are in supply in multiple locations so it's nice to have accessible options.

Careful, it can turn into a closet full. I have owned and shot airguns for the past 45 years or so but recent circumstances has led me to a new level of air gunning I never thought possible. My recent rekindled interest started with a crosman pump up .177 pistol I have modded a bit and has morphed into 4 more airguns the past 4 or 5 months. Whether for just staying sharp with targets or pesting and shooting small game, it is a cost effective way to keep shooting as much as possible in these challenging times of gun ownership. My current infatuation is with pcp air guns. While the initial purchase can be as much or more as a cartridge firearm, they are still pretty cheap to feed with ammo readily available. Also they provide more opportunity to shoot both indoors and out without bothering the neighbors. To me the trigger time is a great way to reinforce the skills I need to be a successful big game hunter as I now am shooting almost every day in varying conditions and different yardages. The skills needed to dope the wind and scope dialing and holdover are directly transferable to cartridge firearms. I guess in the past I never went down this road as far due to readily available cartridge ammo and places to shoot were not as big of a hinderance as now. Also the accuracy of the airguns these days is very good even with some more entry level guns. That definitely has helped keep my interest high. Anyway, have fun shooting and may all your projectiles find the target!

I finally bought one of the Sig MCX PCP .22 air rifles. Damn thing is a TON of fun. Right off the bat I found that pellets are getting hard to buy now too. Ordered a few hundred when I ordered the gun. Right away needed to order some more which are going to take a while to get here. Also found out right off the bat that these are not like the air rifles of my youth :eek: I had gotten a PCP compressor, came in a VERY heavy duty cardboard box since it's a heavy little thing. I set that up, used several pieces of foam packing that the compressor was packed in. Set this in front of a large box I had been using to practice with Wife's long forgotten paint ball marker that I charged up. Trying some of the solid "Riot balls". Just had a dog pad in that box to catch the riot balls which are reusable. first mag of pellets I heard some bouncing, thought they had bounced out of the box. Turned out they went clean through the trap I made, then through the trap for the paint ball marker, and hit the wall :eek:. Had to beef up the trap considerably. Damn little rifle is going to be fun for getting in some trigger time between range trips once I get some more ammo.

Careful, it can turn into a closet full. I have owned and shot airguns for the past 45 years or so but recent circumstances has led me to a new level of air gunning I never thought possible. My recent rekindled interest started with a crosman pump up .177 pistol I have modded a bit and has morphed into 4 more airguns the past 4 or 5 months. Whether for just staying sharp with targets or pesting and shooting small game, it is a cost effective way to keep shooting as much as possible in these challenging times of gun ownership. My current infatuation is with pcp air guns. While the initial purchase can be as much or more as a cartridge firearm, they are still pretty cheap to feed with ammo readily available. Also they provide more opportunity to shoot both indoors and out without bothering the neighbors. To me the trigger time is a great way to reinforce the skills I need to be a successful big game hunter as I now am shooting almost every day in varying conditions and different yardages. The skills needed to dope the wind and scope dialing and holdover are directly transferable to cartridge firearms. I guess in the past I never went down this road as far due to readily available cartridge ammo and places to shoot were not as big of a hinderance as now. Also the accuracy of the airguns these days is very good even with some more entry level guns. That definitely has helped keep my interest high. Anyway, have fun shooting and may all your projectiles find the target!
Thank you! I'll keep this in mind. This is basically the whole goal of others who I see commenting of going this route because if they can't sharpen their skills on the range, they got to find this option alluring. The ammo may be limited and I say that by choice, brands, types for applications based on the guns they are used for, its not as Wide as gunpowder powered. Many makers I'm sure though. Thanks for the warning. I think pistols are next. Hope my wallet can take it.

Got a reminder today of the power of the MXC
Had not played with it since I moved. Needed it to scare off some Coyote's so got it out and bottle was empty. Pumped it up and could hear and feel it leaking at the quick connect. Well this sucks now that I need the damn thing. So ordered both another bottle and a replacement connect. Then to see if it would work for now with a tank for the paint ball markers put one of those one. Would only fire one time and had to cock it again. So put the leaking bottle back on just to make sure nothing was wrong with the gun so I could cancel the order if there was. Bucket of water sitting there for the PCP air pump. Fired a few rounds into the bucket of water and nothing wrong with the gun. Damn thing just had cheap RN pellets in it but all 3 had gone through the water and made holes in the bottom of the damn bucket. I tend to forget just how powerful this little thing is :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top