JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This will surely be a shock to gun control advocates, but when a crazed killer targeted armed and trained people in an area where they could carry guns, nobody except the crazed killer was killed. I'm sure the point will be lost and they will turn up their efforts to disarm more potential victims.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/13/dallas-police-shooting/

"A crazed gunman armed with an automatic weapon and a shotgun fired on officers outside Dallas Police Headquarters early Saturday morning before being shot by a police sniper following an hours-long standoff.

Authorities later confirmed the suspect was dead.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown said at a press conference that the gunman ranted in a 911 call after the attack about killing cops and came within seconds of doing so in the case of several officers in the line fire.

"We barely survived the intent of this suspect," Brown said

He said it was extremely fortunate no officers were hurt.

"Some officers say we were lucky, I believe we're blessed that our officers survived this ordeal," the chief told reporters.

Investigators found a package containing pipe bombs near the headquarters building and the suspect told police he had C-4 explosives in his armored van, Brown said. The package exploded as an Explosive Ordinance Robot picked it up. "Lots of shrapnel was included in the pipe bombs that exploded-- screws, nails," a police spokesman tweeted.

Two pipe bombs were also found in the van after the suspect was shot. When police detonated those devices, the gunman's van caught fire and ammunition rounds went off inside.

Brown described a harrowing scene at police headquarters when the gunman pulled up around 12:30 a.m. and began firing, first with an assault rifle and then with a shotgun.

Bullets struck police squad cars, the inside of the building's lobby and a second floor office. Brown said one officer avoided getting shot because he had just left his desk to get a soda.

"This suspect meant to kill officers and took time to discharge that weapon multiple times to accomplish (his) wanting to harm our officers," Brown said."

The problem is they will call this guy a right wing gun nut and it will become more ammo for the leftists for their anti gun campaigns.

The problem is they will call this guy a right wing gun nut and it will become more ammo for the leftists for their anti gun campaigns.

C'mon. You know you will only find out who he is if he votes Republican and is a white guy. Otherwise, it doesn't support the narrative.

I hope the guy who put an end to that dude never has to buy a frosty cold barley pop for at least the next year. :cool:

I don't get the connection between this incident and the "armed civilian". The incident occurred at a police station, not in a residential or business area, and the sniper who ended the assault was police, not a civilian. Nevertheless, two thumbs up for the cop.

[Note, I use the term "civilian" reluctantly, but with the increasing militarization of local police forces, it seems appropriate.]

Crazed gunman selects a gun free zone where potential victims are not likely to be armed. Kills many before being killed.

Crazed gunman selects a non-gun free zone where potential victims are armed. No victims are killed before the the gunman is killed.

Can you spot the subtle the difference between the two?

I wish more crazy gunman would go for police stations instead of schools.. Sadly, most crazed gunman like to find places where their victims will not fight back and have no means to defend themselves.

The deranged guy probably just wanted to die suicide-by-cop and take a few with him, possibly..

Another thread is posted in the general discussion forum and it lists the weapons used.
The craziest weapons he had were a Jennings 9mm and a Stevens 320.
Yet another isolated incident of media sensationalism.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top