Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cracked lower? need help

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by peterpaulpow, Jan 3, 2011.

1. peterpaulpow

peterpaulpow oregon New Member

I recently bought a preban Tec 9 and the lower polymer frame has a crack in it. Does anyone here know how to fix this or where I could find a replacement.

Thanks

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

A replacement would be hard unless you can find a broken gun up for sale. Here is a link to other parts. 3m Panel bond!
    Clean it VERY good , drill a small hole at the ends of the crack, pry it apart a little and fill the crack and holes with panel bond. Wipe off the extra quick. Let it sit for 24 hours and That will be the end of your crack.

Intratec Parts Tec-9 and Tec 22 Parts

3. peterpaulpow

peterpaulpow oregon New Member

Thanks I appreciate the information, my son just coughed up to dropping it yesterday so that explains the mysterious crack. I also remember gearing about something called mec or acytone to melt the plastic back together, have you ever heard of doing this

4. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

I would try the Acetone. On some stuff it will F it up and in a hurry. The MEC stuff I thought was more of a primer like coating, but I could be wrong. I do know that the Tec pistols have been know to crack. The panel bond mentioned before might be the best bet. Finding a replacement is going to be pretty hard at this point. Especially since this was a problem.

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Classic Arms Inc.

Email these guys, they're not on their web site but they had all the leftover stock from the company building Tec 9's and they were selling receivers very cheap.

6. protected static

protected static Pugetopolis Member

It's in their webstore: HGNAP9-FRAME

At $25/frame, it's certainly worth a try...