JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do Seattle, Chicago slayings show failure of gun control laws as CPLs surge?

Today's Seattle Times story about last year's female murder victims contains an unnerving detail buried in the ninth paragraph: the city is way ahead of last year in the number of homicides, a dubious distinction it shares with Chicago.

<broken link removed>

Two days ago between my son and I:

image.jpeg
10 year old gets it and there was more involving firearms that he said but I didn't write down. Logic stays the same.

Australia doesn't allow for the carrying of pocket knives (I do it anyway when I'm over there, I just don't clip it to the outside of my pocket). The impetuous for that was because the Asian immigrants who formed gangs were taking swords & knives to each other in gang fights... Since "useful" guns were more expensive and difficult to obtain.

You'll get collared if you have a Leatherman Tool in its pouch on your belt, even if you're in a worker's uniform for a company that indicates it would be a tool used in your job duties. I remember reading about a few incidents like that in the newspaper when I was over there.

:rolleyes:

Australia doesn't allow for the carrying of pocket knives (I do it anyway when I'm over there, I just don't clip it to the outside of my pocket). The impetuous for that was because the Asian immigrants who formed gangs were taking swords & knives to each other in gang fights... Since "useful" guns were more expensive and difficult to obtain.

You'll get collared if you have a Leatherman Tool in its pouch on your belt, even if you're in a worker's uniform for a company that indicates it would be a tool used in your job duties. I remember reading about a few incidents like that in the newspaper when I was over there.

:rolleyes:
I just wouldn't go there. Just like California. My son lives there and I won't go visit
Not worth my freedoms. I may meet them next visit,in Arizona or Nevada
Family or not,not worth it

Portland is on its way too. Record number of gang related shootings last year. And who thinks 2016 won't be any different?
Look who's been in control of Portland and Oregon in general... No wonder gang violence continues to rise...

If the police were allowed to police and the judges stopped turning them back out on the streets, things could be different...

That's my dream, a safe, Ozzie and Harriet kind of America...

Portland is on its way too. Record number of gang related shootings last year. And who thinks 2016 won't be any different?
Apparently I am the last person with Yahoo mail.So when I go there I look at the news every morning and evening.
I don't see 2016 as being a very bad year for violence. It's been bad all holiday season and hasn't let up

The Whoregonian used to print a story once a year doing a recap of all the killings in Portland of the last year (may still do so, I don't know). Back when I was reading that fishwrap, two things stood out 1) it wasn't a large number, compared to most cities that size, and 2) half involved disputes over drug deals, or some other feature of the drug war. Have things changed much in those respects?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top