Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Counterbore a M44 in Seattle area

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Falman, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Falman

Falman Seattle New Member

Is there anyone in the Seattle area who can counterboare a M44 that I have. Thanks

2. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Are you certain a counter bore is what you need? Perhaps a re-crowning might be a less invasive process?

3. Falman

Falman Seattle New Member

The bore looks like a typical cleaning rod misuse job. No rifling in the last 1" of the barrel. Rifling looks good in the rest of it. If I leave a little oil in the barrel the first few shots are good, otherwise I miss the broad side of a barn. Not much to loose $75.00 rifle that looks good except that it can not hit anything. Counterbore would not hurt anything if done right. Otherwise I have something to put over the fireplace mantle. If a re-crowining would work that would be a first step though.

4. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Works for me. I think I have contact info on someone that mentioned having one done in your area. Try to get that to you asap.

5. The Big Dog

The Big Dog Tacoma, Washington New Member

Hi Falman,

I have a lathe and can help you recrown your barrel. It's not a real big problem recrowning a barrel. It's a little more of a problem to rebarrel it. I live between Tacoma and Puyallup. E-mail me and I'll give you directions, crystaleskies@yahoo.com/

Catch you later,

The Big Dog