JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Though nothing like that one of the most concerning roads I have been is the one up to Dixie Butte. I see no reason to go back up there again. You hope your brakes are in good shape.

Probably not.

I have a healthy fear of heights.

I flew small aircraft for a number of years and still go with friends now and then. I have no problem 6,000 feet up in a Cessna 182, but a high rise or attached to the ground, I want nothing to do with an exposure like that. I went up in the old snorkel truck at TVFR back in the late 70's, and that damn thing up there 112 feet swaying 5 feet back and forth was enough for me.

There's a difference between a fear of heights and a fear of falling.
Most folks who have a fear of heights, will not physically climb a tall ladder or other such ground to height type situations.
On the other hand, a fear of falling is not about climbing up a ladder, but once they get up there, they tend to get freaked out, same as going up in an enclosed elevator and then looking out over the edge of the roof.

I flew small aircraft for a number of years and still go with friends now and then. I have no problem 6,000 feet up in a Cessna 182, but a high rise or attached to the ground, I want nothing to do with an exposure like that. I went up in the old snorkel truck at TVFR back in the late 70's, and that damn thing up there 112 feet swaying 5 feet back and forth was enough for me.
My father was a pilot and my family flew a lot. I've been up on commercial flights too. The only times I've been afraid in planes have been when we were in a storm (thunder storms were the worst).

But climbing an antenna tower, just a simple 30 feet up, that scares me.

Each person has their own fears.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top