JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, Driven a lot worse than that. Looks flat and well graded really. Why? To get to river put in and take outs. To the base of climbs. And other adventures.

Sure, but personally checking brakes, steering, suspension and tires first! LOL! I've wanted to drive the Death Road since I saw a documentary a few years ago!:D

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Probably not in our 41' long 12'6" high motorhome

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

The road around the back side of Haleakala on Maui used to be like that in the 1960's. Drove it in a Volkswagen. There used to be a lot of roads just as scary in the old days in CA in the high Sierras. Ebbetts Pass was one lane gravel with many a steep drop off at 8000 to 9000 feet elevation. My dad had a 1952 Buick "fishing car" that went everywhere, as long as we were willing to use a shovel, a saw, and roll rocks out of the way. There is still a road out of Columbia, CA to an old gold mine in the Stanislaus River canyon that looks pretty much like this one.

But the scariest ride I ever took was on horseback over the continental divide in Glacier National Park. At one point the trail is a ledge on the side of a cliff, just wide enough for one horse. I still have scratches on my left boot from scraping along the wall of the cliff, while my right boot was dangling over a 500 foot sheer drop. Right in the middle of all of this a yahoo in the back of the string starts having trouble with his horse, so the guide in front of me dismounts, squeezes past me to go help the yahoo, and leaves his horse standing in the trail. The guide's horse doesn't like mine, so he starts trying to kick, and my horse wants to back up, but there's no room. I was sweating bullets. That's one I won't do again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top