JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Though nothing like that one of the most concerning roads I have been is the one up to Dixie Butte. I see no reason to go back up there again. You hope your brakes are in good shape.

Probably not.

I have a healthy fear of heights.

I flew small aircraft for a number of years and still go with friends now and then. I have no problem 6,000 feet up in a Cessna 182, but a high rise or attached to the ground, I want nothing to do with an exposure like that. I went up in the old snorkel truck at TVFR back in the late 70's, and that damn thing up there 112 feet swaying 5 feet back and forth was enough for me.

There's a difference between a fear of heights and a fear of falling.
Most folks who have a fear of heights, will not physically climb a tall ladder or other such ground to height type situations.
On the other hand, a fear of falling is not about climbing up a ladder, but once they get up there, they tend to get freaked out, same as going up in an enclosed elevator and then looking out over the edge of the roof.

I flew small aircraft for a number of years and still go with friends now and then. I have no problem 6,000 feet up in a Cessna 182, but a high rise or attached to the ground, I want nothing to do with an exposure like that. I went up in the old snorkel truck at TVFR back in the late 70's, and that damn thing up there 112 feet swaying 5 feet back and forth was enough for me.
My father was a pilot and my family flew a lot. I've been up on commercial flights too. The only times I've been afraid in planes have been when we were in a storm (thunder storms were the worst).

But climbing an antenna tower, just a simple 30 feet up, that scares me.

Each person has their own fears.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top