JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very nice!
Although, anyone stupid enough to get so close as to be able to kill it with a bow, should be locked up in a psyche ward! :s0114:

Congrats on that one!

Haha! Thanks...

It's not the first bear I've been within 40 yards of, but I've never felt I was in "danger". Of course I've been told I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed a few times as well. Shooting a bear with a bow is a pretty good rush, as much or more than the elk I've shot.

I have a couple couger stories. Back in the early 60's a buddy and I were out in the desert shooting Jack Rabbits. Well, we found this "cave" and decided to look. It was being used as a cougar den in which we found 4 very young cougar kittens. We actually played with those kittens for probably a half hour before we both decided that maybe it would not be good to be where we were should the mother come back. The next weekend we went back out there, but the den was empty. Never did see the mother cougar.

Another time we were in the very back of my dad's back field (farthest from the house) and found a dead (from natural causes) very old cougar. He had almost no teeth left. Maybe he thought a calf would be an easy meal but just couldn't kill one with almost no teeth left. (or maybe one of the range cows defended the calf?)

as for bear...they are in our yard every year, spring and fall. For some reason I have never wanted to shoot them...too much trouble to clean..but my BIL has taken a couple. (with bow and arrow) Funny instance story: a young female our Dobermann chased up one of the trails back into the woods. You could follow the tracks, every set of bear tracks there was a bear plop. The dog scared the poo$ out of it. Oh yes, I know it was a female because the next year it was back with a young cub...trying to get to the dog food..again.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews