JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fear is not rational. If those in power condition people to believe guns are evil and to be afraid of them, it really doesn't matter who is carrying them. People will be scared of anyone with a gun because that is what the nation has trained them to be.

I don't really understand how this all happened in the first place. First of all, your badge rides right next to your piece or around your neck. How is it even possible the manager missed it?

Secondly, wtf is wrong with people. A group of men come in to a restaurant with their sidearms holstered at their waist, and it bothers you??? Because there's a clear history of roving bands of bandits who walk in to Denny's openly carrying, and shooting the place up? If three guys walked into a restaurant while I was there and each had a holstered sidearm, I would assume they were cops. I've never seen a villain wear a pistol in a $90 holster.

Excellent point ! I'd never thought about this before but yes, baddies don't carry their guns in Galco or Alessi leather....they seem to favor mexican carry. Then they tend to pull them out and shoot them sideways for some odd reason or another.

I wrote their complaint department and received an email response. The corporate policy is that they "permit" law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant. Interesting policy! It would be easy to dismiss a misunderstanding by a manager but the corporate policy seems arrogant.

well, at least they are consistent. If a regular citizen can't carry in Denny's in Illinois, why should a cop? it's a gun free zone, everyone is safe, right?
Regular citizens cannot carry in Denny's or anywhere else in Illinois. It is a "rights-denied" state. Anyone carrying is either a cop or a felon; there is nothing in between. That is, until recent court decisions take effect on state & local laws and ordinances.

"....but allows 'registered sex offenders,' 'felons' and or 'pedophiles' to enjoy a dining experience in Denny's."

All restaurants allow registered sex offenders, felons and or pedophiles to enjoy a dining experience. What's the big deal?

I wrote their complaint department and received an email response. The corporate policy is that they "permit" law enforcement officials to carry their firearms in the restaurant. Interesting policy! It would be easy to dismiss a misunderstanding by a manager but the corporate policy seems arrogant.

I wrote them too but haven't received a reply yet.

Regular citizens cannot carry in Denny's or anywhere else in Illinois. It is a "rights-denied" state. Anyone carrying is either a cop or a felon; there is nothing in between. That is, until recent court decisions take effect on state & local laws and ordinances.

With all due respect, Dennys isn't a local restaurant in just Illinois locations, they're a nationwide chain. Corporate says they "permit" LEOs to carry in all their restaurants.

Is Denny's a gun free zone? I haven't seen the signs but good to know. I don't think this is a matter of "privilege" more that going in and eating like anyone else on a lunch break. It would be like a UPS delivery guy walking in with his handheld scanner during his lunch time where no electronics were allowed- it's just a tool he carries with him.

This isn't really a new thing for cops though. We had the same thing at the red & black cafe. Cop goes in and buys a cup of coffee and then gets kicked out by the collective owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have UPS guys used their nametags and scanners to coerce people, or used them to kill their dogs?

ETA - not that I particularly care about UPS guys, but it's a poor comparison. UPS does not routinely infringe on constitutional rights, nor do their employees have issues which cause normal folks to disdain, distrust, or fear for their safety around them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top