JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are you a cop? Do you carry a gun? Don't go to the Denny's in Belleville, Ill.

You are not allowed, the police chief says. Not after what happened Tuesday.

The flapjacks -- sorry, the flap -- began when several on-duty detectives with the Belleville Police Department dropped in to Denny's for some on-duty noshing, according to local media.

Rest of the story:
Cops kicked out of Denny's for having guns; chief bans Denny's - latimes.com

"This individual [Rice] was the manager of Denny's. He therefore speaks for Denny's, in my mind. This policy effectively prohibits on-duty sworn police officers from dining in a Denny's Restaurant, but allows 'registered sex offenders,' 'felons' and or 'pedophiles' to enjoy a dining experience in Denny's."

... and boy are there a lot of creepy people there.

Go Chief!

I wonder what Denny's says about open or concealed carry in their restaurants? I emailed them, waiting for an answer.

We used to eat in their restaurants fairly often, but then their quality fell off, they raised prices and don't offer coupons so we quit.

They had their badges and their guns, but as detectives, not their uniforms, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. This bothered a patron who then complained to a manager, David Rice, who then complained to one of the detectives: Please take your gun to your car or leave. No guns allowed.

I don't really understand how this all happened in the first place. First of all, your badge rides right next to your piece or around your neck. How is it even possible the manager missed it?

Secondly, wtf is wrong with people. A group of men come in to a restaurant with their sidearms holstered at their waist, and it bothers you??? Because there's a clear history of roving bands of bandits who walk in to Denny's openly carrying, and shooting the place up? If three guys walked into a restaurant while I was there and each had a holstered sidearm, I would assume they were cops. I've never seen a villain wear a pistol in a $90 holster.

Hope they dont have to call 911 for a while

While I never hope that anyone ever needs to call 911, I do expect that if this particular (or any other) Denny's (or any "anti-firearm" business or individual) does need to make that call, these (and any other honorable civil servant) will gladly answer the call and continue to protect those they are sworn to protect. There is no room for "jail house justice" in civilized society.

While I never hope that anyone ever needs to call 911, I do expect that if this particular (or any other) Denny's (or any "anti-firearm" business or individual) does need to make that call, these (and any other honorable civil servant) will gladly answer the call and continue to protect those they are sworn to protect. There is no room for "jail house justice" in civilized society.

True, but those of us of the general public can certainly take our business elsewhere!

Unbelievable, Upon showing the Badge the Question/Situation should have been over and done with no words even needed. A sign of the times? This was in the state of that just tried to cram the first gun ban into Law and failed.

I'm sure that all the small time criminals appreciate the fact that they can be assured that they do not have to worry about a cop in the restaurant as they come to rob the place.
Additionally, if the restaurant calls 911 the cops would also have to remain outside as they need to honor the restaurant's "gun free" policy.

I do like to see leos taken down notch every now and then.
Just because they can hide behind a badge makes them no more trust worthy, honest or good hearted than a civilian.

Its what we go through all the time. Cops shouldn't be treated any different.

911 operator how may I help you........... I work at Dennys we are being robbed.
One moment please..................Sir, ............Yes...........I am sorry we would have to use our guns to respond to your call so sorry we can not help you sir.
However sir there is a local chapter of the Democratic party just three doors down I am sure will help.
Just tell them your no gun policy and kick them out, that will solve your problem.

Have a nice evening................CLICK !

Fixed it ;)

Unbelievable, Upon showing the Badge the Question/Situation should have been over and done with no words even needed. A sign of the times? This was in the state of that just tried to cram the first gun ban into Law and failed.

No.

There should not be policies for them as a protected caste. All or nothing, in this case Denny's is sticking to their guns and saying No guns. Period.

Good, it's their right. Police don't deserve a pass and the right to do it when us Plebes can't.

I don't really understand how this all happened in the first place. First of all, your badge rides right next to your piece or around your neck. How is it even possible the manager missed it?

Secondly, wtf is wrong with people. A group of men come in to a restaurant with their sidearms holstered at their waist, and it bothers you??? Because there's a clear history of roving bands of bandits who walk in to Denny's openly carrying, and shooting the place up? If three guys walked into a restaurant while I was there and each had a holstered sidearm, I would assume they were cops. I've never seen a villain wear a pistol in a $90 holster.

Happened at my Ex Bank too,
One day the sign said No Shirt No shoes No Hoodies No Guns
I went in to close my account & the manager said they were robbed by a guy wearing a hoody & carrying a gun. I said "Don't ya see, now I need a gun in this bank more than ever before, Please close my account".

Cops kicked out of Denney's for having guns.

How does it feel like to be with the rest of us? Most of us who are firearms owners are not bad guys but we too are pushed away from certain places. It doesn't feel so good now does it?

"This was an insult, a slap in the face, to those detectives and to all of the men and women who proudly wear the uniform or badge and serve in law enforcement," Police Chief William Clay said"

I guess law abiding non-LEOs, open firearm carriers or CHL permit holders should not be aloud in? It surely would not be a slap in the face to us now would it?

Is Denny's a gun free zone? I haven't seen the signs but good to know. I don't think this is a matter of "privilege" more that going in and eating like anyone else on a lunch break. It would be like a UPS delivery guy walking in with his handheld scanner during his lunch time where no electronics were allowed- it's just a tool he carries with him.

This isn't really a new thing for cops though. We had the same thing at the red & black cafe. Cop goes in and buys a cup of coffee and then gets kicked out by the collective owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is Illinois, guns scare those libtards. They keep voting in the gun grabbing criminal politicians, just like Kommiefornia. They want to be victims,,,

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top