JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep. Get an OREGON Lawyer. He may have to contact and talk to a TEXAS lawyer. It is my limited understanding that some of your problem may be a matter of legal definitions and comparisons.

Oregon Statutes are bases upon old English Common Law? Texas is unique in that it was once a sovereign Nation and based its legal code upon Roman Law? Spanish Empire. Canon Law? Different.

I am not a lawyer.

How can you have gotten "convicted" (see title of this thread) for something that was "not even reported"?

This is what I'm wondering. A conviction will result in a judgment and sentence document that you have to sign. At least up here. It will have the signatures of the judge, your attorney, you, and the prosecutor. In municipal court, this is a one or two page document. In superior court, its 9 to 15 pages. It will have, in detail, the crime of conviction along with fines, jail time if applicable, stipulations, and conditions of any probation.

If you didn't get all that, you either didn't get convicted of an offense that was that bad or Texas runs it real loose.

I assume this scenario could be a possibility. Hopefully a lawyer can clear it up for me soon. Best case is that it was somehow deferred and won't show as a conviction. I just renewed my tx chl with no issue.

Please update us when you get a resolution. I'm interested on how this turns out. Best of luck to you.

This is what I'm wondering. A conviction will result in a judgment and sentence document that you have to sign. At least up here. It will have the signatures of the judge, your attorney, you, and the prosecutor. In municipal court, this is a one or two page document. In superior court, its 9 to 15 pages. It will have, in detail, the crime of conviction along with fines, jail time if applicable, stipulations, and conditions of any probation.

If you didn't get all that, you either didn't get convicted of an offense that was that bad or Texas runs it real loose.
Kinda like a binomial/mathematical/logic kinda thing.
anywhat

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top