JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Isn't 22WMR and 22 Mag the same cartridge different name?
Yes, 22wmr = 22mag.

I have owned several RUGER brand single action revolvers with 2 cylinders in the past.

Single six convertibles = 22wmr (22mag.) and 22lr.

Plus a few 22wmr rifles too.

Cate

Some man on another forum (NOT on this website.) wanted to change his older (?) RUGER BEARCAT which is ONLY a 22lr s/a revolver around and make it into a 22 WMR handgun.

I personally thought that he was a FOOL to mess up a good RUGER Bearcat whether it was an older or newer one.

I would buy another cylinder instead of screwing around with this project. NO offense meant towards you when I say this.

Take care.

Cate

Some man on another forum (NOT on this website.) wanted to change his older (?) RUGER BEARCAT which is ONLY a 22lr s/a revolver around and make it into a 22 WMR handgun.

I personally thought that he was a FOOL to mess up a good RUGER Bearcat whether it was an older or newer one.

I would buy another cylinder instead of screwing around with this project. NO offense meant towards you when I say this.

Take care.

Cate
The rough riders are borderline pot metal junk guns. I won't feel too bad if I turn my 6 shooter junk gun into a 5 shooter junk gun:)

The rough riders are borderline pot metal junk guns. I won't feel too bad if I turn my 6 shooter junk gun into a 5 shooter junk gun:)
Okay and I never owned one or shot one.

I have heard of the name brand before but I really do not know much about them at all.

I would just hate to see a good gun messed up.

Example: My MT husband owned an OLD MODEL Bearcat many moons ago and he wanted to gift it to me. I told him that I LIKED IT but I preferred my own guns. So he sold it and it was famous for the RUGER year just like one of his OLD Colt Woodsman pistols - Vintage 1934 (?) First Model (?) or so. He sold that one but offered it to me first. I never saw his OTHER Colt Woodsman pistols. I knew about them but I did see his LAST Woodsman pistol and I told him that I still liked my OWN handguns more.

Plus when it comes to single action revolvers in RF (22wmr/22lr and ONE in 22lr alone which was a special run.) and in several CF calibers - I have ONLY owned the RUGER brand name.

Plus the one black powder s/a revolver which I never did shoot before my late husband died and it was an Italian brand - well known brand and in a 1851 (?) Navy style which I can't remember the EXACT name or year/model right now. I gifted that gun to D. back east before I moved out west.

Cate

Last Edited:
Okay and I never owned one or shot one.

I have heard of the name brand before but I really do not know much about them at all.

I would just hate to see a good gun messed up.

Example: My MT husband owned an OLD MODEL Bearcat many moons ago and he wanted to gift it to me. I told him that I LIKED IT but I preferred my own guns. So he sold it and it was famous for the RUGER year just like one of his OLD Colt Woodsman pistols - Vintage 1934 (?) First Model (?) or so. He sold that one but offered it to me first. I never saw his OTHER Colt Woodsman pistols. I knew about them but I did see his LAST Woodsman pistol and I told him that I still liked my OWN handguns more.

Plus when it comes to single action revolvers in RF (22wmr/22lr and ONE in 22lr alone which was a special run.) and in several CF calibers - I have ONLY owned the RUGER brand name.

Plus the one black powder s/a revolver which I never did shoot before my late husband died and it was an Italian brand - well known brand and in a 1851 (?) Navy style which I can't remember the EXACT name or year/model right now. I gifted that gun to D. back east before I moved out west.

Cate
Pietta, or Uberti maybe

Pietta, or Uberti maybe
It is one or the other but I will be dipped if I remember the EXACT brand name. It was a famous name brand Italian company in the late 90's to 2001. It is still famous or those names still are. I bought it where I bought my other guns back east - same family owned store.

It was really pretty. I can picture it in my head now too. NAVY or 1851 Navy something replica was the type of model.

I gave D the gun and the entire 'works' of black powder STUFF to make ammo for it.

The powder came in a red can (NOT positive there on the color or name now!) (Maybe 1 pound?) plus my favorite salesman - dealer who was INTO b/p shooting and a champion shooter and not only at Camp Perry put every single thing TOGETHER for me that I would need for that gun. Soon after I bought it, I was going to try it out with my late husband and we did not have the time to do it together. I did not push it with everything else going on with his health and super fast decline.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads