JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a couple pics fer ya'!

carbines x sm.jpg 30 Herrett as 300 BLK.JPG
This project (shown above) started with a 10" 30 Herrett barrel, threaded and pinned a 7" vented 'fake can' and carved the custom furniture to fit the profile from spalted sycamore and burly maple.
The performance of the loads intended for it's use was to utilize heavy for caliber bullets at low velocity (around 1550 fps) much like a 300BLK. Subsonic was not an option as Thompson Center assigned a 1:14" twist to the barrel. Shoots great! Fast & handy!

Last Edited:
Capn Jack,
Oh, You mean like this?
i don't have the carbine, mine is an Italian bootleg that's stamped Hopkins and Allen.
And I know full well that they didn't make it
But it's a lot of fun to shoot!

44 Tingle.jpg
But in my research, there was a rare breed like this:
Tingle carbine.jpg
If you had one like that I would bet it would be a treasure!
Thanks,
Jimmy

That looks like the one. After my Dad emptying two, 30 rnd. M1 carbine magazines in about 5 minutes, he had just as much fun loading and shooting the Tingle and I didn't have to spend an afternoon at my RCBS jr. :s0023:

Simply put:
Contender has threshold of breech thrust at 30-30 pressures. Encore tolerates much higher pressure cartridges. 30-06,
416 Rigby, 7mm Rem Mag, etc.
It's really more complex.
More the relationship of case diameter as it relates to breech thrust.
No parts compatible cross-platform.
'nuff for now

I've only got a 14" .223 barrel left at the moment, but I have 2 Contender frames and a carbine stock set.

Used to have a 21" 7x30 Waters and a 16.25" .45-70 for the carbine. A family member has a 7mm TCU and a 10"(?) .45/.410 barrel.

Thinking of getting a custom barrel from Bullberry since I can't find a used one in the caliber I'm looking for. Can't decide if I should get a carbine length barrel or just get a tax stamp and SBR the 2nd frame and put a 10-12" barrel on it like I want.

D 2 D, Keep up the good work
remember ... just one more barrel.
Herrett with figured wood sm.jpg 30 Herrett
this may look 'tactical' but it ain't. It's a 7" vented extension threaded and pinned to a 10" barrel
with custom furniture of my own design and a low power fast target acquisition Weaver scope

Thanks,
Jimmy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR