JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of my ARs needs glass. This is one I considered. Who has one that can share their input?
Not that I drink the Burris koolaid. I'm figuring a budget of 1k +/- for flexibility.

Left field of a variable, the Trijicon 556 ACOG 3x35 is also on the plate of considered optics. The glass is phenomenal.

Last Edited:
I have had my MTAC for around 4 years and have put several thousand rounds through my AR-15 with it on. Never have had any issues or complaints and would buy it again. For the money I think it is hard to beat. Check out Opticplanet as they have some pretty good deals and recommendations.

Quite the margin, I know. There are too many choices and not enough friends with my menu to try them all. The Elcan is an outstanding piece. They have caught my attention. Maybe some day...dream

I have this one that I bought for my 3gun rifle: Burris MTAC

It's a great scope, better glass than the Fullfield tac30 that costs about $100 less. It has worked great for me on targets from muzzle to ~600yds. I recently put it on my 6.8 coyote gun and am having second thoughts about that. If you plan on having your closest engagements be 50yds or more, I would suggest something with a low power in the 1.5-3 range.

One of my ARs needs glass. This is one I considered. Who has one that can share their input?
Not that I drink the Burris koolaid. I'm figuring a budget of 1k +/- for flexibility.

Left field of a variable, the Trijicon 556 ACOG 3x35 is also on the plate of considered optics. The glass is phenomenal.
I had acog 4x sold and bought the mtac. Sold it bought a vortex pts Viper 1-4. Sold that and bought a primary arms 1-6x which I use for three gun. Great scope for the money.

Vortex has the 1-6, that looks to be the PA 1-6. I never had the chance to look through either of them.
Vortex also has the Gen II Razor HD 1-6. I had the chance to look through one at Cabelas. Very nice. I'm not sure how they would be in low light conditions.

Vortex has the 1-6, that looks to be the PA 1-6. I never had the chance to look through either of them.
Vortex also has the Gen II Razor HD 1-6. I had the chance to look through one at Cabelas. Very nice. I'm not sure how they would be in low light conditions.
Did a night shoot with my PA 1-6 worked fine.

Depends on what you mean by new. I've known about it since early last year. Not a red dot sight though.

Course you could just go with a Vortex Razor HD Gen II.

I know Elcan has been around for quite some time. Your posting the link to that particular model, I have not seen until now. The Elcan prices in general have kept me away.

Scopes are a tough call for me without hands on. Looking at/through them in the retail is like anything new. It's new. The focal planes are a strong consideration also. I think I want a FFP.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top