JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Due to two back to back years of rotting pumpkins on the porch, I've got some stains that won't come up. I've tried CLR, bleach and a few other things to no avail. Any options to clean this, or is this just a permanent decoration on my porch?

The stain in question:

979BE0F1-976E-4404-B2C9-FF2F7329805E.jpeg

Muiratic Acid and a stiff plastic bristle brush.
Don't wear good clothes, have a hose ready to flush it off the concrete and for sure safety glasses and rubber gloves.

Klean-Strip
1 gal. Green Muriatic Acid

Etches concrete
  • Brightens concrete and masonry
  • 90% lower fumes than standard Muriatic Acid
$7.84 /each

Last Edited:
And after you get the stain gone - next years punkins are going to sit on a nice little wooden stand, right? :D

The muriatic acid should do the trick. Beware that it will eat a thin layer off the concrete though, its how it works. And maybe degrease the spot first with dishsoap if theres any oils present, for best results.

Muiratic Acid and a stiff plastic bristle brush.
Don't wear good clothes, have a hose ready to flush it off the concrete and for sure safety glasses and rubber gloves.

Klean-Strip
1 gal. Green Muriatic Acid

Etches concrete
  • Brightens concrete and masonry
  • 90% lower fumes than standard Muriatic Acid
$7.84 /each

I'll look into that, thanks for the recommendation.

And after you get the stain gone - next years punkins are going to sit on a nice little wooden stand, right? :D

The muriatic acid should do the trick. Beware that it will eat a thin layer off the concrete though, its how it works. And maybe degrease the spot first with dishsoap if theres any oils present, for best results.

You'd have thought I would have learned my lesson the first time. Nope :( Third time's a charm, right? :rolleyes:

I'll keep the degreasing in mind as well, good idea.

I'll look into that, thanks for the recommendation.
Make sure you have pure white vinegar ready in case you get it on you to use as a neutralizer and DO NOT mix water into it but rather put into water ( acts like hot grease if water is added into it). I use to use this a lot when I power washed for a job. You may just go to Home Depot and get what they sell for driveway cleaning as it isn't as strong. Good muriatic acid should smoke when you open the jug and make sure you have good ventilation. A high concentration of sulfuric acid would also work just make sure you wear good rubber gloves, preferably goggles and rain gear with a no wind day also for either acid.

When my dad was a detective he said Coke was good for cleaning blood stains off the street/sidewalk/garage floors

Maybe it will work for pumpkin too

Make sure you have pure white vinegar ready in case you get it on you to use as a neutralizer and DO NOT mix water into it but rather put into water ( acts like hot grease if water is added into it). I use to use this a lot when I power washed for a job. You may just go to Home Depot and get what they sell for driveway cleaning as it isn't as strong. Good muriatic acid should smoke when you open the jug and make sure you have good ventilation. A high concentration of sulfuric acid would also work just make sure you wear good rubber gloves, preferably goggles and rain gear with a no wind day also for either acid.

Yea, acid is no joke.

I thought vinegar was an acid, not a base?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top