JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, I know this would probably cost a lot more than it would be worth. But thought I would put the idea out there. Plus I think it would be cool.

Glock of your choice.

Buy a .22lr kit. (if you can find one)

(this is the hard part) Find a gunsmith who can make a 16" barrel for the .22lr kit.

Buy mako buttstock for glock
<broken link removed>

Put it all together and bam a multi purpose defensive tool that can also hunt small game.

Stupid NFA rules aside, I think I'd rather have one of those takedown 10/22s or an AR-7 survival rifle with the floating buttstock.
Cant put a stock on a pistol no matter how long you make the barrel.

Had one of the originals, made by Armalite.

Nice concept, terrible trigger. Would have been a
more serious piece if it had been in .22 Hornet.

I may still have the manual and a scope mount for
it in a drawer someplace, if I haven't given them away.

Jack...:cool:

For one,with my limited knowledge of NFA items,the barrel length does nothing to a pistol.Barrel can be as long as you want.
But Mech tech claims their system can be changed back and forth from pistol to carbine.

MechTech - Home

So Nwcid,is that collapsible stock GTG or does it make a NFA problem? Without a barrel change,that is
(notice the person I asked,since I am sure HE has read the rules)

And I am sure a G'smith can make a 22 barrel for your project ,outdoors

I believe it used to be a nono, Thompson Center started debate with the ATF "OK" on their encore guns. but the ruling only applied to that specific gun. But as far as I can tell and according to MechTech it is ok to switch it back.
I read a while back that pistols can go to rifle and back, but rifles can only go to a pistol, and not be changed back. Meaning that in order to be turned back into a pistol it must have had to start out as a pistol.

If barrel length does nothing, then why have I spent $200 on several tax stamps???

For one,with my limited knowledge of NFA items,the barrel length does nothing to a pistol.Barrel can be as long as you want.
But Mech tech claims their system can be changed back and forth from pistol to carbine.

MechTech - Home

So Nwcid,is that collapsible stock GTG or does it make a NFA problem? Without a barrel change,that is
(notice the person I asked,since I am sure HE has read the rules)

And I am sure a G'smith can make a 22 barrel for your project ,outdoors

If barrel length does nothing, then why have I spent $200 on several tax stamps???

Barrel length does nothing to a pistol. i can have a pistol with a 30" barrel and it wont make a difference.
The buttstock is what makes it a go-no-go as far as barrel length is concerned.

IE pistol with >16" barrel + buttstock (now a rifle)= ok
pistol with <16" barrel + buttstock (now an SBR)= not ok

But we're talking about possible SBR issues- in which Barrel length has just as much to do as if it has a stock or not.

have you ever shot a glock with a can on the end? the added weight isn't friendly to the glocks cycling, hence boosters. I wouldn't choose the Glock as a platform for a carbine as it is.

Barrel length does nothing to a pistol. i can have a pistol with a 30" barrel and it wont make a difference.
The buttstock is what makes it a go-no-go as far as barrel length is concerned.

IE pistol with >16" barrel + buttstock (now a rifle)= ok
pistol with <16" barrel + buttstock (now an SBR)= not ok

But we're talking about possible SBR issues- in which Barrel length has just as much to do as if it has a stock or not.

have you ever shot a glock with a can on the end? the added weight isn't friendly to the glocks cycling, hence boosters. I wouldn't choose the Glock as a platform for a carbine as it is.

We're not talking about the factory slide or upper part of the gun though. And there are ways to lighten the barrel though it will add to cost. IE fluting or sleeves etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top