Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

concealed question

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ohsocountry1, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ohsocountry1

ohsocountry1 clackamas oregon Member

Hey i was wondering how the rules worked im waiting for my concealed to get here and until how far is to far for not being concealed can i wear a jacket if its not zipped up. please let me know any facts you know about not concealing. thanks for any help

2. DALE

DALE Boring, Oregon Member

Not sure if I understand the question. If it can't be seen it is concealed.

3. ohsocountry1

sry i guess i did word it weird can i wear jacket with the gun on my hip its kinda 50/50 concealed if the jackets not zipped up u can somewhat see it.

4. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

If you don't have your permit in hand (or in wallet) then you hand gun needs to be visible (fully visible) to anyone standing around you. Say me, 10 ft away from you. You can not wear a coat over your handgun unless you are on private property.

5. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

If you don't have a Concealed permit yet, I would only open carry any handgun. I would say your pushing the limit IMO. Either open carry (the jacket would allow it to be concealed approx 50% of the time depending on your positioning), or wait 30-60 days and then carry concealed legally. You'd feel really bad if you got some kind of citation and therefore won't get a permit ever rather than just being a little patient.

6. ohsocountry1

i know im just excited hahaha jumping the gun. i just wanna carry but its cold so i need a jacket (shut up its cold) i will be patient

7. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

being patient is the best idea yet. You can also get your Utah permit. Then you'll beable to carry in washington, idaho, nevada, a total of 29 or 32 states from what I understand.

8. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

9. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

If you have your conceal carry permit you can carry half concealed if you want too. At least in oregon there is no law that says concealing badly is a crime with a permit. I'm honestly not sure about Washington though.