JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not sure what the process is like for Washington. In Oregon, we have to take a "class" wherein the instructor tells us exactly what you are asking.

I know that there were signs posted in the Sheriffs office when I went in advertising CC classes available. I saw signs posted at Keiths Sporting Goods also advertising CC classes. I ended up taking my class at the local community college. It was $35 and well worth it.

I would look into a local CC class (if you have them) and take said class.

A very good resource for you is to get a copy of the book Washington Gun Rights and Responsibilities by Dave Workman. See if any of your local gun shops carry it. It sells for $11.95 and is the best $12 you can spend for getting info. It's the book you were probably expecting when you got your CHL. Also read In the Gravest Extreme by Massod Ayoob.

See if anyone local on your side of the bridge (Oregon laws may differ) is offering a NRA Basic Pistol Course and a NRA Basics of Personal Protection Inside the Home course. The Personal Protection course should have a lawyer as part of it and give you a chance to ask questions.

Hope this helps.

I am not sure what the process is like for Washington. In Oregon, we have to take a "class" wherein the instructor tells us exactly what you are asking.

I know that there were signs posted in the Sheriffs office when I went in advertising CC classes available. I saw signs posted at Keiths Sporting Goods also advertising CC classes. I ended up taking my class at the local community college. It was $35 and well worth it.

I would look into a local CC class (if you have them) and take said class.

he already has the permit, needs info on the carrying laws.
In WA we can't carry into a bar, OR you can.
WA you can carry on a school grounds IF you are picking up or dropping off a student.
That type of thing.

Google RCW 9.41 and start reading.

I have the NRA pamphlet on WA and while it's OK there is some wrong info in the version I have which is a few years old now.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC Member
SWWAC Member

PS: No class required, no range time required for a WA permit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top