JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

The advanced sighting system locks onto targets, tells the shooter where to aim, and can even fire the gun for them at the right moment.

The advanced sighting system locks onto targets, tells the shooter where to aim, and can even fire the gun for them at the right moment.

Do you KNOW what this means?!

An additional 15-lbs of frakin' batteries they'll have to lug around in their rucks. :confused:

An additional 15-lbs of frakin' batteries they'll have to lug around in their rucks. :confused:

You know those scenes in movies where all the bullets are fired and the hero can only throw their gun at the bad guy, .... at least they will have a supply of batteries to use.

And,
That reminds me of the movie Jarhead, Swoff has to go for batteries thru an artillery barrage and ends up getting dead batteries ...
follows this clip

Burris has a digitally enhanced aiming system that tells the shooter the holds for wind and range, and can be specifically calibrated to the exact bullet and ballistics! Never used one, but got to see how it works, needs improvement, but the base system seemed solid and I have heard accuracy is as good as a mechanical system!

No thank you...Glad I ain't in the Army anymore and made to use that crap.
Iron sights for me.

Now I know its been awhile since I was actually in combat...but..
The last time I was...I was shot at with rifles from the WWII era and more current cold war era weapons...
They seemed to work just fine ( unfortunately ).

We can't even get a home computer to work without "crashes" , updates , hacks and such...
Now you want a soldier to trust his life to a computerized sight system....

Betcha this idea came from someone who ain't seen combat or been in the service.
Andy

Land Warrior, 1990s-2000s, anyone? :s0100: since then, the tech has obviously matured, but the basic problems are still there.
land-warrior-lwe.jpg land-warrior-lwc.jpg land-warrior-mout.jpg

40% batteries, 40% ammo, 20% "necessary packing list",=140+ pounds of crap on the backs of our infantry and soldiers :confused: Cool ideas but.... realistically? Impractical for general issue
I wonder...
Has there ever been a study of the long term effects of having our soldiers lug these heavy packs everywhere?
Damage to knees, shoulders, lower back etc.?

We used to hump around 60 -100 odd pounds in our rucks...
And about 40 odd pounds off of our web gear.

Often we would cache our helmets and flak vests ...cause they were tough to camouflage and just too damn hot and heavy for us LRRP / LRSD types...

And let me tell you...after humpng all that sh!t....Err gear... all damn day and night when you took off your ruck....you felt like you could fly , you were so light....:D

With my earlier comment of :
Betcha this idea came from someone who ain't seen combat or been in the service.
And being told that Israel developed this idea...
I still say that the guy who came up with this...never had to carry it or maintain it in the field...under actual combat conditions.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads